Sick For Christmas

by dreamwriter32

James Potter hummed along with the CD player, as Sirius sung 'Jingle Bell Rock' off key. They were hanging up Christmas lights outside on the Potter's house in Potter's Bar. They were getting everything ready for Christmas, putting up the lights outside and the decorations inside. They would be leaving soon to pick up Harry from Kings Cross.

He smiled as he thought of his son. Harry was the spitting image of his father, except for the eyes. He had Lily's eyes. Merlin should have known James had a hard time saying no to his wife. With Harry having the same eye color as Lily, James couldn't say no to his son. Harry had mastered the puppy pout when he was five, using it when he wanted something. It was hard to believe Harry was already sixteen. Time seemed to be flying by.

Lily had flooed home that morning, getting the tree ready to decorate when Harry got home, setting it up, and putting the lights and the garland on. She worked in the Hospital Wing with Madam Pomfrey since Harry's first year. She loved her job, especially seeing her son every day.

"Hello Lily," Remus greeted when Lily stepped out the door to check on the progress James, Sirius, and Remus were making on decorating the house. "It looks good, Babe."

"Thank you, my love." James pretended to take a bow while standing on a ladder.

Noticing the time on her watch, Lily felt panicked. They needed to go to London to pick up Harry.

"James, Remus, and Sirius will have to finish this. We have to go get Harry."

"Why didn't he floo home with you?" James asked as he climbed down the ladder.

"Ron and Ginny will be leaving for Romania tomorrow. Hermione will be leaving for her family's trip. So he wanted to spend some with them," Lily explained.

Sirius looked at her with an uplifted eyebrow. He knew the reason why Harry rode the train home instead of flooing home with his mother.

"You mean he wanted to spend time with Ginny."

"I think that was what was he was meaning," James implied, as he walked toward his wife.

Lily smiled as she thought of the young woman who had taken her baby's heart. When she saw Harry and Ginny together, she saw her younger self and younger James. Of course, she saw the hand holding, the quick kisses as they parted for classes, and them sitting together at meals. She had heard through the grapevine about them snogging in the Gryffindor locker room at the Quidditch pitch.

Her son had been known to watch Ginny at practice, instead of the practice it's self. That was probably why he had gotten some bruises on his side from getting hit by bludgers when he came out of the bathroom, one weekend when he stayed in her quarters.

James brought her out of her thoughts when he said, "We'd better go."

Lily went to collect her handbag and keys to the Volvo. She handed the keys to James and they got in the car heading off to London and Kings Cross Station.

OoOoOoOoOoOoO

"Have fun in Romania, Ron. Call me on the mirror, let me know you got there safely," Hermione said, softly to her boyfriend, looking up into his blue eyes.

"I will Hermione," Ron murmured, pulling her into his arms. "See you on New Years?"

"See you on New Year's," Hermione agreed.

Ron and Hermione were standing off to the side, behind a pillar. They wanted one last moment before they met their parents as they wouldn't see each other until the Potter's New Year's Eve and Day party.