Deceived

Inspiration- KOTR
Video- "deceived" KOTR trailer
————————

"So" Ruby asked, for what had to be at least the 50th time "what's next?"

"Next" view said as he retrieved the next video from his collection "is quite the interesting case."

"How so?" Ozpin asked, intrigued by the curators wording

View placed the video into the screen as he spoke "It's not quite like the others, you'll see in a moment."

"No background or commentary this time?" Mercury said lamely "I'm disappointed"

The vytal festival was supposed to be a place of happiness, a symbol of corporation between the kingdoms. A symbol of peace and prosperity

How had it gone so wrong?

That's the question one Pyrrha Nikos was asking herself as she stood shocked in the center of the arena. Everyone around her, and those watching from home, were in equal states of shock. Why?

Because a student laid in pieces in front of Pyyhra, or what was thought to be a student.

There in pieces, sparking slightly, was what remained of Penny poldina.

A robot.

The atlas members of the audience felt a shiver go down their spines at what was left of their secret project. Penny was meant to be the ultimate weapon, the unstoppable hunstman for atlas. How had this happened?

"James..." ozpin said with a dark tone to his voice "You better explain yourself."

"And fast" Qrow added

Ironwood glanced at the screen then the people around him, but before he could explain he was beaten to it by view

"Penny was a artificial life form with aura placed into her made by the kingdom of atlas." View supplied "It was kept a secret from everyone except the highest ranking people in atlas."

Ironwood began to sweat as all eyes were on him, and they were not happy. "It was a experiment, nothing more!"

"Then we should have been notified of it so we could plan accordingly!" Glynda said sternly "Miss Nikos's semblance is polarity! That's probably how Penny was ripped apart!"

It had been a simple tournament fight, nothing an experienced fighter like Pyrrha hadn't  dealt with before. She had done her usual, using her semblance in none obvious ways to redirect her opponents attacks.

But when she pulled, the girl before her came apart, and that's how she got to her current shell shocked position.

The Pyrrha off screen felt sick to her stomach, how could she not? She had never thought that her semblance could cause such destruction, it hadn't even crossed her mind!

Ren seemed to sense his teammates turmoil and placed a hand on her shoulder "it's not your fault" he said calmly

"Bu-"

"It's not your fault."

That seemed to calm her

The screen, which had been showing a live feed to the people back home and there, began to glitch and showed a different image. 

A black queen chess piece

Cinder began to smile in satisfaction, her plan for the fall had gone through without a hitch! Her mistress would be satisfied!

Salem on the other hand, looked impassively at the screen. She expected results and cinder had delivered, there was nothing to be excited about

But the piece only stayed there for a moment, when it was replaced with another