Reconstruction

View smiled as he put the next tape in, as he flew back to the middle of the room

View: now, we're taking a step back, do you all remember the one before the last?

A few of the audience members responded with a "yes" while the rest either nodded or weren't paying attention.

The scene opens up on a soldiers corpse, and as the camera pans away it shows more corpses. Some red, some blue, some neither. They're weapons and vehicles laid around, destroyed and blood ridden. One soldier walked up to one of the fallen and crouched down next to it. The camera goes behind him to show what looked like an entire army searching throughout this destroyed base. 

Ruby gasped at the scene

Ruby: Oh my god! There's so many!

Yang sighed and the scene

Yang: that escalated quickly.

A disembodied voice begins to speak

To the director of project freelancer from the oversight committee chairman.
Dear director

Ironwood: We thank you in advance for your openness in response to our committees request for more information

The scene cuts away to a few of the new soldiers finding the only survivor of the massacres, as the voice begins speaking again.

Ironwood: we were, disappointed, that your recovery force reported a complete loss at outpost 17-b

Ozpins eyes narrowed

Ozpin: they lied, whoever this director is, he's hidding something.

Ironwood nodded

Ironwood: a normal recovery force is nowhere near that large, a platoon at most. Whatever did this, the director really wants to cover it up.

Ironwood: we had hoped that there would be at least one soldier left to shed light on the situation.

The camera pans to the red survivor being escorted through a few hallways, until he ends up in a room with a giant screen at the front.

ironwood: we understand that your operating has conducted under very little scrutiny over the last few years, and we do not want to end that streak. We hope this can be a peaceful and beneficial operation for both partys.

sincerely, Ironwood.

Pyyhra's eyes narrowed

Pyyrha: Thats an interrogation room isn't it? what are they planning to do with that soldier?

Roman chuckled

Roman: probably get whatever info he has, the dispose of him.

Mercury rolled his eyes

Mercury: really Roman? Oh please enlighten me on how you know this?

roman shrugged

Roman: Just a guess.

the screen lit up as Goodwitch's face appeared on it. she looked at the shaken soldier

Goodwitch: You are private Walter am I correct?

The red soldier, now identified as Walter, stood at attention.

Walter: Yes Ma'am!

Goodwitch sighed

Goodwitch: Please drop the formalities with me Walter, you are free to feel as conferable as you desire.

Walter: yes Ma- Yes.