Remove the blindfold

It was like a blindfold had been ripped of me, and I could finally see clearly for the first time in my life

———————

Ruby finally felt what it was like to feel your life flash before her eyes. It was a surreal moment, seeing the events of her life play for her like a movie. Her first Cookie, what little she remembered of her mother, training with uncle Qrow. It all flashed before her eyes as the dark figure of Malgus moved towqarrs her, weapon in hand, it primed to take her head clean off

Is this how it was going to end? All her hopes of becoming a huntress, and this is how it would end? She would never even graduate, never finish her first year?

But it seems ruby rose wasn't to die here.

As Malgus charged a beam of energy hit him, knocking his backwards momentarily as he raised his saber to stop the beam and was sent to one knee.

Ruby looked to see view firing a laser from his face, the beam radiating heat as it flew over the audience and at malgus.

Malgus seemed unaffected by the beam, as he slowly stood from his position on the ground, using one hand to block the attack and the other to do something they couldn't see.

"Quickly!" View commanded as he countinuer his assault "Into the saferoom!"

As he said that a door appeared in the walls of the theater, giving them a way away from malgus and his rage.

"You cannot put me back!" Malgus yelled over the sound of Views attack "I will no longer be your entertainment!"

Malgus thrusted his hand out at view, and electricity flew from his outstretched finger tips. The lightning hit view head on, sending the orb flying into a wall.

Malgus's eyes then met the audiences, who mostly looked on with fear.

View stayed down for only a moment however, as a burst of energy was released for the orb and hit malgus head on. The Sith raised his hand and used the force to shield himself, stopping the brunt of the attack.

"Go!" View yelled as he rose from the wall and faced malgus "your all no match for him!"

"Yes, run like the cowards you are!" Malgus mocked as he faced off with view "Your content to sit by and watch us, watch our struggles and deaths, but you can't fight for yourselves!"

View fired another beam from his eye at Malgus, who stopped the attack in place with the force. He then pushed the attack back at view, sending the orb down once again.

Those who realized what was happening began to run for the door, but their effort was in vain as collapsed into itself. Malgus using the force had crushed the door, removing their only escape.

Ozpin jumped down in front of Malgus, blocking him from the nearby beacon students.

"You will not harm them!" Ozpin demanded as he twirled his cane around "I won't let you."

Malgus just laughed as the beacon students ran to the corner of the theater, with the other members following suit quickly. Even the experienced fighters realized they were outmatched, especially without their weapons. They formed a small circle, with the students in the center and the teachers and huntsman on the outside.

The villains just simply sat by and watched, with Cinder and Salem being protection enough for them. They could enjoy the show, for as long as it went.

"You believe yourself fit to defeat me?" Malgus asked mockingly as he and ozpin began to circle each other "When your other could not?"