chapter 34

Chapter 34

Dye

Fashion and being able to know what fits you best are one of the things that makes us as good trainees. Not only were we tasked to do things such as singing nicely, dancing as if we're one, and performing like we're in front of a crowd, but we are also tasked to choose our outfits every monthly evaluation, we are also the ones responsible for our makeup and hairstyles. And as someone who grew up with a mother who was a model and known in the fashion industry, I grew to love fashion at an early age.

I loved dressing up, and also loved the thought of styling other people. That's why when it comes to outfits, my members would always come to me and ask if their outfit was okay and if it compliments their looks.

"We're going to be shown to the other trainees next week, and I still don't know what to wear!" Eunkyung whined as she was busy finding what outfit she should be wearing for next week. I could only smile at her, as much as I wanted to help, I myself didn't have an outfit ready. We might seem weird for being so worried about our outfit for next week, but it's really a big deal for us. Because among all the other trainees, we will be finally introduced as the debuting group to the others. After so many years, it's finally happening.

"Just wear a dress," Nari deadpanned, making Eunkyung throw a safety short at Nari's direction. I laughed at their silliness, and couldn't help but feel nostalgic because of our set up. The three of us were the first batch of trainees who were trained for the new girl group after blackpink sunbaenim, so now that we are finally going to be introduced as the debuting group to the new set of trainees, it made me realize just how far we've come.

How does time fly so fast? It felt as if yesterday it was our very first time meeting each other.

"Stupid! We're doing splits, and you're telling me to wear a dress?" Eunkyung yelled, and she seemed stressed, but Nari could only laugh at her situation. I shook my head at their childishness, before offering help so that Eunkyung could stop yelling. We don't want her straining or hurting her vocal chords, especially now that the monthly evaluation is coming.

"I thought you're busy yourself?" Eunkyung asked, but I only gave her a smile, before finding a pretty top for her that she's never worn before. It was a yellow top with a huge ribbon at the front of it. It was also a crop top and designed as a spaghetti strap so I chose a white shorts with straps, and of course I told her to pair it with white Dr Martens boots. I also advised her to tie her hair in a tight ponytail next week and have her makeup light so that she'll have that effortless glow.

"I bet you'll become a model early in our career, I'm sure as hell a big brand will contact you," Nari suddenly told me, and Eunkyung agreed, making me feel shy for the comment. I didn't have the courage to tell them that I already did a few photoshoots while wearing some Gucci clothes with my mum back when I was younger in London. My mum was Gucci's global ambassador for years, but stopped when she came back to Korea.

"What if Gucci contacts you? You told me once that you really love that brand, right?" Eunkyung asked, her eyes sparkling, and this time I feel really shy, and happy because she remembered, but then again, now is not the time to talk about it since I still need to choose my outfit.

"I want to dye my hair blonde." I blurted out, hoping to finally change the topic, and this time, the two of them went silent, before coming at me because of my sudden decision.

"Go on! It would suit you!" Eunkyung told me, and I nodded, because I was blonde when I was young, of course it would suit me, and I mean it not in an arrogant manner. It's just that I saw a picture of me back then, and I feel like it would really suit me, especially if we would be debuting soon. I want to be known to the world with blonde hair— it was something that will root me back to where I came from.

nothing near clarityOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara