chapter 46

life update: i saw the pinks!!! ur girl was able to attend born pink concert last sunday <333

chapter 46

The silence is killing me. We were once again inside the CEO's room in the 7th floor, and I swear to God, this is the room that I hated the most. It gives me the chills and this is also the last place I was able to see Min Jee. This room is like the torture chamber for the trainees and the idols.

"I see. Looks like the bullying within the trainees just never stop. In this case, I will have no choice but to remove you from the lineup. We were thinking whether it would be you or Stella who'll get to debut, or just the both of you, but in the end, it looks like it'll only be Stella," the CEO said.

"You can't just let me go! I'm Kana! I'm literally the best trainee you have! You can't let Stella win! Please! I'll do anything!" Kana screamed while crying, but I paid her no mind as I was trying to let the CEO's words sink in.

I stood there, frozen, not knowing what to feel because of what I just heard. So, Kana wasn't just imagining things. We were really made to compete with each other, to the point they were deciding which one of us should debut. I could feel my heart sinking, and my chest becoming tighter, and the familiar fast beating of my heart was what I could feel and hear.

I almost didn't make it.

I had become so complacent, that it didn't cross my mind that there would be a possibility where I wouldn't be able to debut. I felt Eunkyung's clasp on my hand grew tighter. She might have noticed the sudden change in my behavior, but I ignored her.

"Yes, you heard that right, Ms. Kim. We were thinking of removing you from the final lineup because we were scared that your background and your mother's share in the company might cause controversy in the group. We don't want to hear other people saying that we let you be in the final lineup just because your family is rich. So, now that you have no competition for your position, better work until you faint." I wanted to yell at her, to ask her why she's saying all those things to me. I've been trying my hardest for the last seven years, yet why can't they see it? I've been working every day and every night just so I could secure my spot, and this is all I get?

Work until you faint

And that's what I did.

I woke up still in the same position when my eyes closed without a warning. Nobody knew. That was a relief, the thought of someone knowing that I fainted while dancing and singing live would reach a lot of ears, and I don't want anybody's attention now. All I have to do is practice and prove to everybody that I can be as good as everybody and that I deserve my spot with or without my family's money.

To be honest, it should have never been an issue, because my mum died when I was really young, and was just 2 year old trainee in YG entertainment, so she doesn't really have that much influence with how I was able to secure my spot in the final lineup. Besides, my father never supported me while I was here in Korea. It was just me and my brothers who supported one another.

I felt my phone ringing, so I pick it up and I let out a smile when I heard Aera's voice. She's been working hard for our debut song, and even the other producers were stunned by her talent because it didn't took too long for her to be approved, but my smile faltered because of what she told me.

"Someone stole the debut song we've all been working hard on and leaked it on every social media app."

No... This can't be happening now! Not when our debut song was finally approved by everybody, and it was even so good because me, Eunkyung and Nari participated in writing our lines, so why? Why does this has to happen to us?

I checked our groupchat, and the staff members already found the culprit. I was expecting to see Kana as she was one of the few who was able to hear it before, but I was wrong. I saw someone I didn't expect to see.

"Min Jee eonnie?" I whispered in disbelief. How? And why did she leaked it? This must be a freaking mistake! She'll never do such a thing, besides, she's already a soloist, maybe they're just trying to ruin her name!

I dialed Eunkyung's number immediately, and I was relieved when she picked up after two rings.

"I know what you're about to ask, and I'm here to tell you that it's true. It was Min Jee eonnie who leaked our supposed to be debut song, Byul."

"Impossible! She's our friend! I would understand if it was Jina eonnie or someone else from the Team B, but how can it be Min Jee eonnie, Eun? She was our friend..." I said, sounding so desperate, hoping that it really wasn't her. Because not only were we friends with Min Jee eonnie, we were almost like sisters. With the three of us, there was no competition, because we all wanted to debut under YG entertainment.

"It's true, Byul. I know it's hard to accept, but she betrayed us."

I immediately ended the call and run to where Eunkyung is. She told me that she was with Aera at the moment so I went there to check on them. I was panting when I reached Aera's room inside the YG entertainment where she stays to write and produce.

"I can't believe this happened. Ya'll were set on debuting next month! How can this shit happen! What will we do? That debut song was a total banger!" That's what I heard as soon as I went in. Aera was screaming while Eunkyung was crying. I immediately went next to her to give her a tight hug.

"Why are we so damn unlucky?" Eunkyung asked me as she was crying while I was hugging her. I didn't know what to answer her, and I couldn't speak as well because any minute now, I know I'll be a crying mess too.

A few minutes later, Nari, Mulan and Hiraya went in. I was glad to see Nari because we were all still not in speaking terms, especially when the CEO sent Kana away. But, as soon as I felt her hugging me, that's when I knew we were back to normal. And the tears I was trying so hard to stop from falling came falling down when I heard Nari's comforting voice.

"This can't be. We can't let them have their way like this. I have a lot of unreleased songs in my laptop. Maybe it can help, please. Don't let us wait for another month to debut... I don't want to be a trainee forever," I begged, as I was nearing my 8th year as a trainee, I don't want that anymore. I closed my eyes when I saw their sympathetic eyes because I already knew enough of how pathetic I am.

"That's actually a nice idea! Since I'm your producer and I've been teaching you guys some tricks, I know the songs you're all making has some bangers. Let me hear it, please? I won't make you girls wait any longer. We have to make this work. Just trust me, okay?" Aera told us with full confidence, and we all looked in each other's eyes before giving her a nod.

to be continued. . .

the end is near </3 i honestly don't want nothing near clarity to end because i feel liek writing abt idol stella would be so good :(((