chapter 4

돌아와

It's finally June 26, 2020. The day we all have been waiting for. We're all inside the dance practice room, we intentionally locked the door because we really want to watch our sunbaenim's new music video.

"I can't wait!" Min Jee said when the countdown began. I just smiled while holding my phone, my heart beating faster because I actually heard this song because I was one of those who Teddy oppa and R.tee chose to sing it for the demo then they gave the copy to Blackpink sunbaenim for them to listen to.

But of course, it was a top secret so my members didn't know about it, and I'm happy because if they knew about it, they would ask for some spoilers nonstop.

When the countdown was finished, we started screaming because it's finally happening! I can't believe this! My eonnies already have their comeback!

Although this song was considered as a b-side, I can say that it will break records and can top the charts. Two legendary producers from YG ent. made it, so yeah, I know it will break records.

"OMG! I can't believe I'm debuting in the same agency as them!" Eun Kyung shouted while there are tears in her eyes.

We all laughed at her reaction, then we focused on the song. No one was even saying anything, we're all silent, just listening, and just admiring the new song of Blackpink.

"Wah! Their outfits are amazing!" Nari said while pointing at their outfits, and we all agreed. They were all stunning, especially Jisoo eonnie.

I am actually close to the Blackpink members because I actually trained with them, but because of our huge age gap, instead of a friend, I was like their little sister while they were my older sisters. Jisoo eonnie and I must have been the closest as we often receive feedbacks such as we need to match our talent with our faces if we want to be remembered by the whole world. 

I find that comment annoying and I really find Jisoo eonnie to be so talented and her good looks' just a bonus, so those comments weren't actually needed. They just want to say whatever and tell us that it's their way of molding and helping everyone to become the best version of themselves. 

That's all in the past now. Now, all I want is to be a great artist under YG entertainment, and be known as someone who's talented and not just someone with a pretty face.

"We have to work hard because all of our sunbaenims are so talented and they just kept on breaking records," Nari said with a serious expression on her face.

We fell silent because of what she said. She's right, we have to work harder in order to reach their achievements. But the question is, can we actually be like our sunbaenims?

Also, are we really going to debut?

After watching the mv, we finally unlocked the door to start practicing once more.

"We have English class today, the teacher moved our schedule for today."

We all looked at Min Jee after she said that. We all nodded and went outside of our practice room to go to another room where we'll practice our English.

I'm actually fluent in speaking in English, but as a trainee, I need to go and still listen to my teacher. Also, it's also one of the classes where my other friends will be in it so I actually kind of feel happy having this class.