chapter 1

내 유명한 친구

There was nothing better than to have this kind of morning. Coffee in one hand as my other hand stays on my lap. It was one of those mornings when it just feels so right to still be alive. Windows still closed and so are the curtains as I'm not a fan of sunlight. It reminded me of those classical films, just the vibes from it where a simple lady from a middle class family is doing her morning routine. It was peaceful and quiet. Only the ticking sound of the clock can be heard as well as the AC that's giving me just enough coolness from the heat the morning is giving.

Our dorm isn't that big, but it's also not so small. It was perfect for seven girls to live in. It has a small living room with some old maroon colored couch that smells like it's been sprayed on by febreze and a flat screen tv that we rarely use, then a kitchen with a wooden table in the center and we have three rooms, where two small rooms are shared by two members and the huge one is shared by three members.

I look at the time and sighed when I saw that three hours had passed already, but it seems like my members have no intention of getting up from their beds. Although I couldn't blame them, even I myself would love to stay in bed and just sleep all day, but because we have different responsibilities, like me, who's incharge of cooking. I was already awake even before the clock turns five. And despite only having five hours of sleep, I still had enough energy to do my morning routine, but decided to just leave my eyebags on display, cause what's the point of hiding it anyway.

And I even finished cooking our breakfast in just 30 minutes. Just some simple egg rolls and kimchi fried rice and of course, I cooked a lot. Because last week was "hell week" for us. So today, I decided to cook something delicious to replenish our empty stomachs.

"Good morning," Min Jee greeted when she saw me. Her eyes were still puffy because of her crying last night. Her sobs being heard to all our rooms despite her trying to lower it down. I tried my best not to look at her eyes, but it was so visible, that all I wanted to do was give her a hug and tell her that everything will be alright.

She got scolded by our manager because she ate some chocolate bars. We weren't allowed to eat anything yesterday, we're only allowed to drink water because we were in a strict diet because my other members' weight has become not ideal in our line of work.

She cried because she was threatened that she would be cut out from the team if she does it again. I was angry and worried because what Min Jee did was nothing close to what the other trainees did.

But in the end, she was still here. Thank God she wasn't kicked out because if so, then a new member would be presented because of the rumor about the new girl group of having seven members.

The rest of the members came, and some thanked me for preparing their breakfast. Despite being the youngest, I'm actually the cook in our dorm because I loved cooking instead of washing dishes. And waking up earlier than the rest has been my habit for the past 5 years.

And as I was enjoying the comfort the dim lit room is giving me, it has suddenly come to an end when Eunkyung eonnie dramatically pushed the curtains aside and opened the window making me hiss at the sunlight that touched my skin.

"I hate you," I murmured, but she just chuckled making me groan outloud.

"Lower your voice down, brat." Jina eonnie harshly told me making me look down and shut my mouth up. I wanted to tell her that she could've just asked me nicely, but I couldn't do anything, since I'm the youngest afterall.