chapter 38

chapter 38

"pretty girl"

Today is finally concert day. To say that I was shocked when I saw Haruto with blonde hair would be an understatement. I was astonished! He looked so pretty with that new hair color of his, it reminded me of his pre-debut days when all I could do was take a quick curious glance his way whenever our paths would cross one another.

"Now, that's a pair." I heard our dance instructor say, when she saw me and Haruto walking together with our hair almost identical. I was glad that I was wearing a mask, it made me hide my blushing face from their stares. It was time for our last rehearsal, and yet they still would do anything just to tease me and Haruto. They got no chill, I swear to God!

Junkyu and Jeongwoo approached me, while Yoshi approached Haruto. I waved at them, but I was shocked when Jeongwoo suddenly messed up my hair. This guy! I elbowed him, making Junkyu laugh at the sight of us.

And then out of the sudden, I realized that out of all his members, Junkyu never questioned or even got all curious about my friendship with Jeongwoo. He's the only member that Junkyu seems to have approved to be my close friend, which is weird, because all of them are nice.

But then, Junkyu would always tell me that Haruto looks at me like I'm his crush, and Junghwan admires me a lot. Like, how did he even come up with those lies? Junkyu really is crazy, I admit that. But then again, I might as well just ask Junkyu about this soon.

"So, you and Ruto, huh?" Jeongwoo suddenly whispered, while he wiggled his eyebrow, making me glare at him. Junkyu also gave him a glare, and I was glad he has my side in this topic.

"How dare you take my baby away from me!" Jeongwoo complained, his voice was a pitch higher, making me roll my eyes at his childishness. There's no way that I'll have a peaceful time when Jeongwoo is near. He really is quiet when you don't know each other, but once he gets close to you, he'll talk to you nonstop.

"You can have him yourself, woo." I told him, then my eyes landed on the guy we were talking about. He and Yoshi were on their way to our place, so I immediately tried to calm my raging heart, but I didn't even try anymore when our eyes met and it started beating faster. Like I just finished running so fast.

"Rehearsal is about to start," Yoshi informed us, so we all got ready. I removed the hoodie I was wearing because it started to get hot, but immediately regretted it after I remembered that I was wearing a crop top. Nice one, Stella! There would be steps where Haruto had to touch my waist!

But then again, what would be the difference later, right? Our outfit for today's concert would be crop top, so it's really not an issue, right?

"Damn, girl. Give me your workout routine please." One backup dancer told me, and the other agreed as well as soon as they saw my waist. I smiled shyly, before telling them what my workout routine and diet is. Although I was actually thankful for my mom's genes, I was naturally born skinny so it was easy for me to abide by the "weight rules" in the company.

Most trainees would get kicked out if they don't lose weight that they're assigned to, and I feel like that's one of the sad things about being a trainee. You get body shamed a lot.

"God really does have his favorites, huh?" another one jokes, making us laugh. But even before we talked too much again, we all went to our positions, afraid that the dance instructor might get angry at us.

But while going back to my place, I was shocked when Haruto went near me, and what shocked me most was how intense his gaze was. I wanted to look away, but I couldn't. There was something about his brown eyes that made me want to lock gaze with him.