chapter 6

tw: sexual harassment

나에게 영어를 가르쳐

"Why won't you even eat?"

My eyes then focused on his perfect structured face that's now pouting because of my stubbornness.

He was here with me in a nearby coffee shop that only yg artists, trainees, and staff members can go.

I called him today, and he was shocked because it was the other way around, because he would always be the one who's bugging me early in the morning, but I was too confused and sad that I needed him to be with me right now.

"You don't have work today?" he asked and I nodded.

Last night, my group's manager told me that I have to quit my job so I didn't go to work today and maybe later I can go and tell my manager in that store that I have to quit.

My life is such a mess right now that it seems like I'm slowly getting drowned in a pool where the others are just doing fine, not minding that there's someone who's already crying for help.

I was then cut off from my train of thoughts when he suddenly held my cheeks using both of his hands before squishing my face.

"Yah! Stop!" I scolded him though I am literally younger than him, but because we know each other for so long he just laughed before messing my hair and I just glared at him.

"I don't like it when you're left alone with your thoughts. I am always reminded of that day when you... y-you almost harmed yourself," he whispered before resting his cheeks on the table.

"I'm fine, okay? It's just that I'm so tired and the other trainees kept on telling me that I'm just a pretty face in a sea of talented girls. My confidence is slowly fading because of them and it haunts me like crazy," I told him honestly while playing with the straw of my iced americano.

He let out a deep sigh so I look at him only to find him looking at me too. My heart skipped a beat because of that simple encounter but I just shrugged it off because having a crush on him is just a waste of time.

"You are talented, being beautiful is just a bonus, okay? Don't believe them, believe us. Believe me, Byul."

I smiled as he called me using my Korean nickname that I even had to hide my face because of embarrassment.

"Aigoo! Someone's embarrassed!" he even teased but I just rolled my eyes on him.

"Now, when will you treat me pork belly? I've been waiting for it for a long time already!" he whined that I had to smack his head because he's acting like a brat again.

He's not like this when I first met him, but when we became closer he started acting like a kid. Especially when Jihoon left, that's when our friendship soared that I became really dependent on him because I found home in his arms and his parents are also nice.

"Yah! I'm older than you!" he whined again while his hand is on his head where I smacked him.

"And so? What will you do? Huh, Junkyu?" I teased him while my left brow is raised but he just pinched my nose.