f o r e w o r d

extended summary

"You're just a trainee with a pretty face. It's the reason why you're still here."

Being the visual in a K-pop group is the position a lot of people will criticize you for. When you're a visual, it means you're not talented and just there because of that pretty face of yours.

And that's what Stella Kim is angry about. She's a hardworking and passionate trainee at YG entertainment for almost seven years yet other trainees still see her as someone just beautiful even though she already proved to them that she is also talented.

It was hard to be viewed as just the "visual" when she spent all her childhood into training to be a known artist who's very passionate about her line of work.

Despite the constant bullying and harsh comments she received, Hanbyul could still consider everything to be alright as long as she gets to debut, but not after the time when the weird and aloof Japanese guy named Haruto Watanabe of Treasure was seen being nice to her.

That's when things got pretty messed up.

Haruto's famous to most of their fangirls and even to the other trainees, so it's hard to be seen as a competition for his attention when Hanbyul is already liking someone else, and is much more focused on levelling up on reaching her dream of debuting than levelling up her relationship status.

"An unknown trainee for a famous idol? Are you kidding me?"

• • •

Trigger Warning: This story also contains anxiety, depression, eating disorder, so please, if you can't handle those, or are triggered by it PLEASE DON'T CONTINUE.

And be reminded that this is still fictional. I have decided to add some parts here that are not real, but there are also parts here where it came from real life events of the yg artists involved. Also if you don't like slowburn trope, then I'm sorry to say that this story has that trope lol. I am no professional writer, but I hope you can appreciate my story. Thankyou!

LAST WARNING: THIS STORY IS CRINGE AND HAVE A LOT OF CLICHE SCENES !! 

Enjoy reading!

-Sophia ✨