chapter 41

hi, are u guys ready for some complications? cos i am *insert winking emoji*

chapter 41

"puppy love"

It's that time of the year again. Japanese trainees from YG Japan branch will be staying here in Korea and the producers will find someone from there who'll move to the main branch which is YG in Seoul. Nari was from there, and only the girls who are 18 years old and above are allowed to be chosen, since that was the protocol given. 

"I hope to see some of my friends from there," Nari excitedly told us as we were all waiting for the Japanese trainees who will be coming inside the dance practice room any minute from now. 

From the rumors I heard, it looks like our management want to add a member to our group. I was kind of not liking the idea, but then again, it would help a dreamer like me achieve their dreams too, so I guess it's fine to have a new member. And again, those were just rumors. 

The door opened, and we thought it would be the trainees, but it was only the Japanese members of Treasure, but there was only 3 of them. Mashiho sunbaenim isn't here. They were called here since they also need to judge the progress of the Japanese trainees, since they're also from YG Japan before Treasure Box happened. 

"Did you guys know that one trainee from YG Japan was actually Haruto's puppy love. That's what I heard from Yoshi, and they've been teasing him ever since this news came out," Nari whispered to us, and my mood instantly changed. Puppy love? Like the way I felt for Junkyu in the past? What if he likes her still?

"Uh oh," Eunkyung  teasingly said while eyeing me meaningfully. I glared at her, but stopped when the door to the practice room opened again. This time, it was the trainees. And they all look so pretty and cute! If I didn't know they were the same age as Mulan, I would have thought they were the same age as me. 

"Girls!" Nari cheered, a huge smile on her face and the trainees immediately recognized her and gave her a wave. 

They greeted us first, and we did too. The producers asked them questions, and now they were asked to perform in front of us. The adorable faces that were all smiles earlier, now turned into the opposite. Damn. They're good with their expressions. 

They performed a boy group dance. I gulped when I saw how synchronized they were. They feel more like a group instead of just trainees. How on earth weren't they chosen for the next girl group if they're this good? 

"Now, Nari, what can you say about their performance?" Mr. Yang asked Nari, and she was smiling while answering. Nari looked so proud of how good their performance was, but all I felt was nervousness. They were this good, and yet they weren't chosen for the final lineup. 

"It made me wonder why I didn't choose them instead for the debut lineup," Mr. Yang suddenly blurted out. There. I knew that he would say those words that's why I wasn't so shocked, even my members weren't fazed by his harsh comment for us. 

But what shocked all us was one trainee giggled. She giggled after she heard what Mr. Yang said. I fought the urge to glare at her, instead I just stared at her face blankly. And a few seconds after, she stopped before bowing her head down. That's when I rolled my eyes, and I felt Eunkyung rubbing my hand since she saw what just happened. 

After giving compliments for the trainees, the producers finally left, and were left alone with the Japanese trainees alongside the Treasure Japanese members. I decided to just forget what the other girl did earlier, because they are trainees, and it must have been hard for them too, so I'd rather be nice than be a bitch.