Chapter 40

The rest of the night was a peaceful night.

Even if there are zombies emerging, they will be solved quickly.

On the second day, Wu Chengyu asked Shen Yu's suggestion to let the people with abilities below the second level meet outside, so only Wu Chengyu and his party of four, Shen Yu's team of four, and three wild second-level abilities entered. However, they are close enough to walk there.

The research institute is under a building, and this building is in the business district. When the end of the world begins, it is noon, and it is not on weekends. There are many people working in this business district.

Without the sound of the vehicle, the zombies in the distance are not so easily attracted, but the zombies in the vicinity will not be reserved when they smell the freshness of life. .

However, the vigilant Shen Yu did not let the zombies break through the defense line.

At the beginning, the first-level ability users who stayed outside could also help from a distance, but when the distance became longer, they would not be able to reach, and the rest had to be done by Shen Yu themselves.

When they came yesterday, they actually cleaned up a wave of zombies, and they even burned most of the zombies, but today many zombies gathered.

Fortunately, their abilities are all second-level at the lowest level. If there is no crystal nucleus to absorb, people who can reach second-level or higher abilities are all talented in xinxing. If nothing else, this group of people are all Will be the person at the top of the power pyramid for a long time to come.

So these surrounding zombies fell to the ground under their attack.

There is also an experienced commander Wu Chengyu. They went all the way smoothly. Some people were injured during the period, but they have already concluded a set of standards. Unless they are bitten by zombies of the same level as themselves, or are being Zombies that are two levels higher than themselves will only be infected when they are injured. Now it is impossible to have four level five zombies, so they only need to keep themselves from being bitten, and other injuries can be ignored.

After all, there are many zombies. Although they can kill these zombies, it is difficult to avoid occasional bumps and scratches.

If you want to avoid it, you have to waste more effort, which is not worth it.

However, two people were well protected, one was Shen Xin and the other was Shen Yu.

Shen Xin was protected because she was pregnant, and Shen Yu was protected because her spatial ability contained the things they needed to enter this time, and they also needed to bring some experimental equipment and materials out of it. Another reason was because her brother Wu Chengyu, who is always there, has a preference for her, as well as Lu Xingyue's toughness.

In this regard, Shen Yu was speechless.

She is also one of the only third-level power users in the team, so it seems a bit strange to protect her in the middle now?

As a result, Shen Yu could only extend his vines as much as possible to help stop the approaching zombies.

Not to mention, with her blocking, the injury rate of teammates plummeted.

The research institute is in a commercial building with more than 30 floors. This commercial building has a glass door. Now that the glass door is opened, they can see a large group of zombies from outside the door.

"Cheng Yuan and I go in to clean up, Lu Xingyue, you and Shen Yu break up." Wu Chengyu ordered decisively.

Cheng Yuan is the person in his team who is second only to him in strength. After the two of them rushed in, they caught the zombies and started killing them, blocking the zombies farther from the gate.

Others quickly followed into the building, a small number of people went to help Wu Chengyu and the two, and most of them stayed at the door to clean up the zombies outside.

Shen Yu had long let Xiao Teng go out to harvest the crystal nucleus, seeing that the zombies were gathering more and more, she recalled Xiao Teng decisively, the vine that had been killing zombies turned around, "I'll close the door after three seconds, remember to put away my abilities and say goodbye. The door was broken."

"Three, two, one!"

Three scolded, the last wave of powerful attacks had been thrown out, and the glass door was also pulled by Shen Yu with the strength of the vine, and the vine was still on the door Wrapped around to prevent it from being easily washed away by the zombies outside.

"Go upstairs." Over there, Wu Chengyu had already cleaned up the zombies on the first floor. He called Shen Yu and they went upstairs first.

The door of this floor is made of bulletproof glass, and it is very thick. The zombies can't open it for a while, not to mention that in addition to Shen Yu's reinforcement, Lu Xingyue also twisted a lock to hang it on it. The big fireball that Xin dropped was burning in the zombie group, and the zombies couldn't care less about them now.

The initial zero-level zombies will not climb the stairs. When the zombies reach the first-level, they will slowly climb the stairs. If they don't climb well, they will fall.

Most of the zombies are still level 0 zombies, some of them have reached level 1, and a few have reached level 2. As for whether there are level 3 zombies, it is not clear, anyway, Shen Yu has not encountered them.

The zombies on the second floor are much less than those on the first floor. Presumably many of the zombies on the first floor came from outside.

Their destination was actually downstairs, but according to what Wu Chengyu knew, they had to go up to the third floor first, and then go down from the fifth floor to three floors below.

- The first and second floors are underground parking lots.

General elevators cannot go down. There is half a research institute on the fifth floor. The most basic and outermost research can be done on the fifth floor, but some research needs to be done in a relatively closed place, so they are transferred to the underground.

This research institute has prepared a number with the country, and they chose to be here because they established an underground research institute here a long time ago, and later this piece of land was developed. We couldn't just spare this piece to attract attention, so we simply built a building.

Can't take the elevator now, Shen Yu and the others can only go up the stairs.

In addition to the first floor, Shen Yu and the others from the second floor to the fourth floor only cleaned up a little, and the focus was on the fifth floor first.

They cleaned up the fifth floor. Wu Chengyu obviously knew a lot of inside information, and the woman named Guangyu in the team he led was actually a master hacker. After finding the position, it was time for Guangyu to play.

"Guangyu and the two of you are outside to meet up, and the eight of us will just go down." Wu Chengyu pointed out two wild second-level ability users whose abilities were biased towards support.

Their strength is really good, but if they are really compared with Shen Yu and the others, they are a lot worse.

Guangyu obviously knew that he would be waiting outside, so there was no objection. The other two probably knew that their strength was at the bottom, and nodded, and one of them asked: "How about we put the fourth floor and the sixth floor together? Clean up the zombies in the building as well? You should come out from here later, right?"

"Don't go up to the sixth floor easily, you can clean up a few floors downstairs." Wu Chengyu said.

He still remembered what Shen Yu said about feeling a sense of danger, and he didn't want other people to take risks. After all, these people's talent, strength and temperament are really good.

When they came up a few floors downstairs, they didn't find anything. There should be no problem, so he said that they could go downstairs to clean up the zombies.

"By the way, if you have time, you can dig more crystal cores. The crystal cores are in the zombies' brains. After you have a way to absorb the crystal cores, you can also improve your strength.

" Instructed, Wu Chengyu and Shen Yu entered the elevator.

This elevator has a large load-bearing capacity and a wide space. The eight of them came in in a completely empty state. Chen Jiajia couldn't help but sighed: "It's a skill to hide such a big elevator.

" The room is almost the same size. There is such a place to hide from the second floor to the fifth floor. The people who designed the building should have lost a lot of thought.

"Of course it's going to be troublesome." Wu Chengyu smiled.

This elevator is from the fifth floor to the minus eighth floor. This time they are going to the minus five floor. Press the button of the minus five floor, Wu Chengyu said: "Although this elevator can still be used, we don't know that the minus five floor has Everything, be vigilant." The

elevator went down, giving people a sense of weightlessness for a moment, the elevator did not intend to stop at other floors, and soon reached the negative fifth floor.

Wu Chengyu stood at the front, watching the elevator door that was about to open defensively.

With a "ding" sound, the elevator door slowly opened.

very quiet.

The possible dangers that Shen Yu and the others first guessed did not appear, and it was very quiet outside.

The elevator door gradually opened, and the scene outside was reflected in Shen Yu's eyes.

To say that this place has not experienced the chaos after the end of the world, it is definitely not. There are a lot of messy things scattered on the ground, and dark bloodstains are left behind, which is enough to prove that there was a chaos here before, but now it is not at all. Can't see.

Not even the zombie corpses were left.

Shen Yu and the others were vigilant and walked out of the elevator. Wu Chengyu and Cheng Yuan took the lead, Lu Xingyue and Wu Chengyu led another person at the rear, and the remaining four were in the middle.

They were prepared for danger, but it was always quiet here.

Wu Chengyu led the people to successfully find the map indicators, and then found the location where the researchers were said to be. Everything went unbelievably smoothly.

According to the instructions he got, Wu Chengyu felt a little weird when he actually saw a living person appearing on the screen, but he didn't forget his responsibility and purpose: "Hello, I'm from the Beijing base. Wu Chengyu who rescued a few..."

"Is that Comrade Wu Xiao?" A voice came from over there.

"Yes, I've seen his photo, this is the spirit boy." Another person answered affirmatively.

"Then, shall we go out?"

"By the way, Comrade Wu Xiao, have you brought space abilities over here? We still have a lot of things to bring."

The voices from inside were relatively old, But they are full of energy, and they are all very excited.

They even forgot that they were still separated by several doors.

"Okay, okay, Mr. He, Mr. Liu, don't talk about it, let them come in first, right?" A very young voice sounded helpless.

Only then did the old people remember that Shen Yu and the others were still locked out.

"We'll open the door for you right now."

Said, the old man opened the door.

A gap suddenly appeared on the wall that was originally tightly sewn, showing the appearance of a door.

However, at the moment when this door appeared, Shen Yu suddenly felt palpitations, and she subconsciously shouted: "Be careful! Be alert!"