𝗧𝗮𝗻𝗷𝗶𝗿𝗼..?

𝗛𝗮𝘀𝗵𝗶𝗿𝗮 𝗜𝗻𝗼𝘀𝘂𝗸𝗲 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗭𝗲𝗻𝗶𝘁𝘀𝘂 𝘅 𝗨𝗽𝗽𝗲𝗿 𝗠𝗼𝗼𝗻 𝗧𝗮𝗻𝗷𝗶𝗿𝗼 𝗮𝘂

¡ᴡᴀʀɴɪɴɢ! 𝘀𝗺𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝗮𝗺𝗼𝘂𝗻𝘁 𝗼𝗳 𝘀𝗽𝗼𝗶𝗹𝗲𝗿𝘀 𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿! 𝗬𝗼𝘂 𝗰𝗮𝗻 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗱 𝗼𝗻 𝗼𝗿 𝘀𝗸𝗶𝗽 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗶𝗳 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘄𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲!

Tanjiro pov:

I was given orders by my master, Muzan Kibutsuji to kill two Hashiras who are going to Kamakura Village.

I've been here for a couple of minutes waiting for them to arrive. I didn't want to kill them but as an Upper Moon, I have no choice but to carry out the orders my master gives me.

Usually, Muzan doesn't give me missions that include humans, knowing that I don't eat humans. That is why most of my missions consist of killing troublesome demons or bringing them to Muzan for him to deal with.

I did deem it odd that my master wanted me to kill these two humans but I pushed it aside when I first arrived at the village.

I am Upper Moon Zero as the Muzan calls me. I see Muzan as a father figure. He's always been nice to me, even if he was horrible to the other ranks. He's never hurt me or attacked me. That's why I make sure I complete every mission he gives me. To make him proud.

I do not remember much from my human life except a few people.

The demon girl had black to orange hair, she wore an asanoha patterned kimono with an ichimatsu-patterned sash and a bow in her hair.

The first boy had black hair with blue at the ends, he had a very pretty face but hid it under a mask, and pale green eyes.

The second boy had blonde hair that faded into orange tips, his eyes were brown and faded to gold, and he wore a white-triangle patterned, yellow and orange gradient haori.

I do not know who they were to me but I know they were important. Muzan tells me that they are the reason I became a demon. He tells me nothing more about them or my human life.

Muzan sends me out on more missions than the other Upper Moons because I am the only demon able to walk in the sun without dying. I am not sure why I can walk in the sun while the others can't but Muzan tells me it's because of the marks on my forehead.

He tells me those are the marks of a Sun-Breather. Kokushibō has the same marks on his face too. I never get the chance to ask about it because Muzan forbids me from asking anyone about the marks on my face and my human life.

My nose is picking up new scents.

I get up from my spot against a tree and stroll through the village looking for them. The people in the village are screaming and fleeing back into their houses or somewhere safe.

How rude. I haven't even done anything yet.

I was only walking for a couple of minutes before I spot them. The two Hashira's. One had long blonde to orange hair and a triangle patterned haori. The other had black to blue hair and no haori on. Just the demon slayer uniform but in a dark blue.

...why do they seem so familiar?

I take my sword out of its sheath and walk closer to them. As I stop a few meters away from their backs, the blonde one turns around. Seeming to notice my heavy presence.

"...Tanjiro?" The blonde said.

Hearing the name, the black-haired male turns around to face me. The smell of happiness, relief, and confusion gets stronger the longer they start to stare.