Hᴀʀᴅ Bʀᴇᴀᴋᴜᴘ

Third Person Pov:

Tanjiro sighs as he unlocks the front door to his home.

Work was tiring, as always. His boss yelled at him for something he didn't do. Instead of lashing out Tanjiro just tucked it up and reminded himself that he had his loving boyfriends waiting for him at home.

"Guys, I'm home!" He called out, expecting to hear a reply back.

Tanjiro placed his bag down and hung up his keys. Usually, they'd already be in the living room waiting for him. He was curious as to why he didn't receive an answer.

"Zenitsu? Inosuke?" He called out again, checking in the kitchen, the dining room, and the bathroom before walking up the stairs. "Are you guys playing hiding from me again?"

Just as Tanjiro made it to the top of the stairs he heard some muffled noises coming from their shared bedroom.

"You guys are terrible at hiding," Tanjiro whispered, opening the door to a shocking discovery. "You guys even left the light-"

Tanjiro felt his heartbreak in a million pieces at the scene before him. His loving boyfriends weren't hiding from him. They were too busy fucking other people to even notice he was home.

"T-Tanjiro! It's— It's not what it looks like!" Zenitsu shouted out, all of them had stopped what they were doing and hurried to get dressed or at least appear more decent. "We're sorry!"

Tanjiro watched as the guild sunk into every one of their faces. He felt like laughing and crying at the same time.

"No, no, don't apologize. Here I thought you guys were hiding from me," Tanjiro chuckled, tears gathering in his eyes as his vision blurred the figure before him. "Only to find out that you, Zenitsu, was in the middle of fucking my sister. And you, Inosuke, was in the middle of diving deep into Aoi's coochie."

Tanjiro had to hold his stomach from how hard he was laughing, his heart felt like it would leap out of his body.

What did he ever do in life to deserve being cheated on?

"Tanjiro... this is all a big misunderstanding! We were just... just..." Zenitsu stumbled over his words, looking over towards Nezuko for help.

"Fucking Aoi? That hurt. But fucking my own sister hurt way worse." Tanjiro sniffled, digging his nails into his palm and facing his younger sister. "I told you how much I loved them. How I wanted to spend the rest of my life with them! You said you were happy for me. You stood there and said that with the biggest fucking smile on your face! And then— and then you go ahead and pull this shit on me!"

Tanjiro was sick to his stomach. He couldn't believe that Nezuko would stoop this low.

"I only told you that so you would get out of my fucking face." Nezuko sneered, she didn't feel bad at all. "I was lonely. And Zenitsu was too apparently. Don't blame me. Blame the fact that you just deserve to be alone. Can't believe you got cheated on your birthday! That's absolutely pathetic!"

Those were all the words Tanjiro needed to just break down. Nezuko took Aoi and they left the house, leaving Inosuke and Zenitsu to deal with a terrible amount of guilt.

Tanjiro felt his legs give out as he cried and cried, cursing the world for taking it too far.

It didn't take long for two sets of little footsteps to be hard rushing to their room. A little girl peeked her head in, a little boy doing the same.

"Mama?" They called out, drawing attention toward them as they rushed over to Tanjiro.

Tanjiro froze at the voices, how could he have forgotten they were here? How could Inosuke and Zenitsu do such a terrible thing while their own children were here?

Tanjiro wiped his eyes, facing the two toddlers as he plastered a watery smile on his face. "Hi, my angels! What are you doing up? Aren't you two supposed to be asleep?"

The toddlers looked at each other, then back at Tanjiro before smiling guiltily. "Sorry, Mama. Papa and Dada too loud." The little girl said, hugging Tanjiro as her brother did the same.

"Papa and Dada scary. Made Tou-Tou and Mina cry." The little boy, known as Touya, finished, looking over towards his dad and pa.

Tanjiro felt so terrible. They had to hear all of those disgusting noises while they were at home.

"Aw... I'm sorry, my angels. But I have a very serious question for you two."

The toddlers perked up at their mom's voice. If they had to be serious, they would for their mama.

"Would you like to go with Mama to Auntie Mitsuri's house for a while?" Tanjiro asked, noticing Inosuke and Zenitsu trying to speak. "It will be very fun! I'm sure she misses you two munchkins!"

"Tanjiro... Don't do that. Don't take them away from us!" Inosuke yelled, he couldn't lose them too. "Can we just please talk about this?"

Tanjiro felt his kids flinch at Inosuke's yell. He turned with gentle eyes to look at his kids. "Mama's gonna cover your ears okay? Can you two close your eyes for me?"

The twins hesitantly nodded their heads. They hated when papa yelled at mama. It made them scared sometimes, especially when mama cried.

"Don't, yell at me. I don't know who the fuck you think you're speaking to but lower your fucking tone." Tanjiro fumed, glaring at the two of them as he covered the little one's ears.

"I'll take them away from you if I want to. Remember, neither of you even wanted them. You both left me when they were born. I had struggled so much to pay back the Kanao, who was ever so kind enough to do this for us. It took you guys four months to come back to me." Tanjiro watched as tears leaked from Inosuke and Zenitsu's eyes.

"We— we weren't ready." Zenitsu stammered out, trying to defend their cold actions.

"Liars. You told me you were ready. You promised me that we'd get through parenting together. But you lied. So, don't tell me not to do shit! These are my kids, that I raised! That I fed, bathed, played with, and sang them to sleep! You guys always sat on your asses. And I am so fucking disgusted by you guys for fucking other people knowing that small children were home." Tanjiro seethed, he could smell the fear coming off of his children so he quickly calmed himself down.

"Mama... wana go to Auntie!" Was the first thing Mina said as her mother uncovered their ears.

"Tou, too! Tou, too!" Touya said, rushing to agree with whatever his sister said.

Tanjiro weakly smiled at them, such pure children.

He loved them with all of his fragile heart. Making sure to never let Zenitsu and Inosuke in again.

He'd make sure his children were alright before dealing with those four idiots.

"Let's go back some bags to go to Auntie Mitsuri's house then..."