Rᴇʟᴀᴘsᴇ

banana bing bong
catch me if you can, mr holmes

Also ⚠️this handles some very tough topics, do not read if this makes you uncomfortable at all⚠️ this is for you guys safety and because I'd hate for me to accidentally trigger one of you guys from this. If you honestly don't feel comfortable, that's totally fine!

Third Person Pov:

It was Tanjiro's first week living with Inosuke and Zenitsu. Things were going great between the three (as much as it could go).

Tanjiro's not even sure how he made it this far without getting yelled at or beaten. Maybe he was actually doing something right for once...

"Hey, you feeling alright?" Inosuke asked, watching as Tanjiro's eyes followed the knife's every movement against the cutting board. "You're getting kind of pale."

Tanjiro flinched back at Inosuke's words, his hands trembling lightly under his thighs. He didn't want to worry them, not at all.

If they worry about him so much they'd think he's a burden. No one likes burdens.

Tanjiro concentrated hard to make sure that when he spoke the fear in his voice wasn't evident. "Y- Yeah, I'm fine."

"You sure? Are you feeling sick? Should I get some medicine—?" Zenitsu came over and went to touch Tanjiro's forehead when the younger jerked away from his hand.

"N-No! No, medicine!" Tanjiro raised his voice, realizing his mistake he squeezed his hands tightly and spoke in a soft but hurried manner. "Sorry, I— I didn't mean to yell. I... I'm g-gonna go to t-the bathroom."

He shouldn't have yelled. Yelling gets him smacked. He doesn't want to be smacked.

"Tanjiro—"

But the burgundy was gone, already heading up the stairs away from them.

"Should we check on him?" Zenitsu asked, turning to face Inosuke. "He seemed freaked out. Like— really freaked out."

"Give him some time," Inosuke said, washing the cutting board and knife. His mind thinks over Tanjiro's glazed-over look. "It's his first week, everything is probably still new to him and overwhelming."

"Yeah, you're probably right. Should give him some space." The blond agreed, taking a seat on the couch, the tv drowning out Tanjiro's cries.

You should leave now. It's only a matter of time before they get tired of you.

They noticed your terrible stuttering too.

They'll throw you out.

No one likes a burden.

No one could ever love you as I do.

Your best option was to stay with me.

I'm the only person that will ever care for you.

You know where to find me... just come back.

Come back and I'll never hurt you again.

I'll love you like I always did. I'll treat you better this time.

Just give me a second chance!

They'll never accept someone as broken as you into their home for long!

You're better off dead since you don't want to be with me!

"That's not true. His words aren't true. He's lying to you. Don't do it, don't do it." Tanjiro repeated those same words over and over. His hands shook as his nails scratched raw at his skin.