Tʜᴇ ᴄᴀʟᴍɪɴɢ ᴘᴀʀᴛ ᴀꜰᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜᴇ sᴛᴏʀᴍ

Have a cute picture of baby Yoriichi. Raging at the cuteness.

Part 2 of 'Happy fucking 4-year anniversary' asked of by ChiyoZen!

It's mostly fluff and the boy's clinging to Tanjiro. All sad stuff is in pt 1 :) jk

P.S. Happy 10th chapter to me! I've officially written 10+ chapters on this book and I'm so proud. Thank you all for the motivation to keep writing. After all, I wouldn't have gotten this far without you all! <3333

Third Person Pov:

It's been a couple of days since Tanjiro got back. Tanjiro spent the first day back helping them clean up the house after Inosuke had trashed it. The boys happily cleaning by his side.

After they had finished and the house was sparkling clean, he made them get in the shower.

Now, they were sitting on the living room couch watching a movie. Both of their heads were in his lap as he stroked through their hair.

Tanjiro didn't know that it would be this hard on the boys. He didn't think that leaving would do such a toll on them. He made sure to make it up to them by showering them with affection anytime he could.

Inosuke and Zenitsu barely left his side. Anywhere he went, they went. If he was in the kitchen, they were in the kitchen. If he was in the room, they were in the room.

It got so out of hand that they tried to follow him into the bathroom when he needed to go. Tanjiro immediately scolded the two. Told them that they didn't need to follow him into the bathroom.

They ended up sitting outside the bathroom door, waiting for him to come out.

"...Tanjiro?" Inosuke whispered, he wondered why Tanjiro has suddenly stopped the very calming strokes that were on his head.

He looked up only to be met with a sleeping Tanjiro eyes closed, mouth opened slightly. He shook a snoring Zenitsu to look at the sight.

"Wha...what! I'm trying to sle-" Zenitsu was cut off by Inosuke's hand covering his mouth and pointing to the burgundy male.

He put the hand that was pointing to his mouth in a 'shh' gesture. Slowly taking his hand off the other's mouth.

"..oh, oh! okay. We should bring him upstairs, the bed would be way softer than the couch." Zenitsu said in a hushed tone.

"Yeah, we should do that. Before he wakes up. We should...do that." Inosuke trailed softly, still mesmerized by the sight.

Inosuke stayed staring at the sleeping Tanjiro while Zenitsu slowly went back to sleep on the other end of the couch. Inosuke would have to, but he was afraid. Afraid that if he were to sleep, the nightmares would begin again.

It started the second-day Tanjiro had left. It was small, just teasing him with the thought of Tanjiro never coming back. Then, it got worse.

Tells him that he didn't deserve Tanjiro, that Tanjiro doesn't want him anymore, Tanjiro won't ever come back. Those prevented him from sleeping. The images provided in those nightmares were enough for Inosuke to stay awake.

To be honest, it's been at least 6 days since Inosuke got sleep. Full sleep that is. Usually, the nightmares only allow him an hour of sleep.

"...Baby?" A quiet voice says, startling Inosuke out of his thoughts.

Inosuke blinks out of his daze, before realizing Tanjiro was now up. Looking at him with a confused gaze.

"What's wrong, honey? You know I'm here if you want to talk right?" Tanjiro said, reaching a hand up to cup the left side of Inosuke's face.

Inosuke leaned into the warmth, tears building up as he tried to calm himself down. His breathing slowly became uneven as he tried to hold his tears at bay.

Tanjiro picked up on Inosuke's breathing and got up so that he was off the couch and now crouching in front of the crying Inosuke.

"Hey, hey! Baby? I need you to breathe for me okay?! If you don't breathe properly you could pass out." Tanjiro was trying to calm his beating heart as he tried to instruct the panicking Inosuke. Zenitsu out like a light beside them.

"I'm sorry- I'm s-so sorry! P-Please do-don't leave! D-don't leave me again! I-I need you! Please!" These were the only sentences that came out of Inosuke's mouth as he pleaded and pleaded, over and over again.

"Baby, there's nothing to be sorry about okay? I've already forgiven you! You just need to forgive yourself!" Tanjiro wished at this moment that Zenitsu wasn't such a heavy sleeper because he needed help.

"Inosuke, I need you to copy my breathing okay? Breathe in," Inosuke tried to breathe in. "Good boy, now breath out for me. Out." Inosuke breathed out.

They repeated the breathing exercises until Inosuke's breathing was back to normal and he was calmed down.

"...' M sorry. I shouldn't have made it such a big deal. I didn't mean to worry you." Inosuke muttered out, rubbing his now tired eyes from all the crying he did.

"Hey, don't keep rubbing it or it's going to hurt more." Tanjiro gently pushed Inosuke's hands away from his eyes. "You don't need to apologize for anything okay. You didn't do anything wrong. I forgive you. You just need to forgive yourself, once you forgive yourself you will feel much better."

"Now, I've noticed you haven't been getting any sleep. We don't have to talk about it now because I know your tired. So, instead, why don't I wake Zenitsu and let's all head to bed. Sound good?"

"Mhm," Inosuke mumbled, right before yawning.

"Zenitsu. You have to get up okay? Let's go lay in the bed." Tanjiro says shaking Zenitsu.

Zenitsu only heard the lay in the bed part so, he was up and stumbling his way up the stairs. Tanjiro and Inosuke follow behind him.

Once the two reach the room, Zenitsu is already back to sleep, snoring softly.

Inosuke climbed in after Tanjiro, wrapping his arms around his waist so that Inosuke was laying his head on Tanjiro's lower half.

"Night Tanjiro," Inosuke says, closing his eyes "Love you."

Tanjiro strokes Inosuke's hair, making Inosuke slowly fall asleep. The three lay in comfortable silence.

"Good night Inosuke. I love you so much, I hope you know that." Tanjiro whispers the last part, drifting off to sleep.

Inosuke slept through the whole night. Not getting up once. As if the nightmares finally realized that Tanjiro was back, and was never leaving them again.

 As if the nightmares finally realized that Tanjiro was back, and was never leaving them again

(●'◡'●)ノ