Nᴇᴠᴇʀ ꜰʀᴇᴇ

If you saw this message, no you didn't.

Anyways— enjoy Kyojuro Tengen

free...? pt 2
Third Person Pov:

It had officially been two full years since Tanjiro was found, and Inosuke and Zenitsu were out behind bars.

Tanjiro wasn't doing much better. He still refused to eat which nobody pressed much seeing how messed up Tanjiro had become.

Giyuu had eventually signed Tanjiro up for therapy, thinking that maybe it would help him open up more and that it would give them more information to keep Inosuke and Zenitsu locked up.

"Tanjiro, how are you feeling today?"

The same question that was asked everyday for the past four months. And Tanjiro's answer was always the same.

"Irritated." He simply said.

His therapist scribbled something down on their clipboard and looked back up at him.

"Why are you feeling irritated today?" They asked, watching as he wrung his hands raw. "Don't do that, you'll hurt yourself."

Tanjiro scoffed, "I've been hurt worse."

That caught the therapist off guard. Tanjiro usually only answered the first question then stayed silent throughout the rest of their session.

They scribbled more stuff down.

"Hurt worse? By who? Can you elaborate on that?"

Tanjiro felt talkative today so he did. He left out most of it but enough to be considered an actual answer.

"By him of course." Tanjiro said as if it were obvious. "What he did to them, to me will never be forgiven. He took them away from me. He made them hate me. Now they think that I hate them, that I don't love them anymore."

The therapist felt shivers go down their spine by the way Tanjiro spoke, he spoke so coldly as if he wanted that person dead.

"W-Who is 'he' and who are 'they'? Are they all people close to you?"

Tanjiro hummed, rocking slightly back and forth. The more he thought about that day, the angrier he felt, and the sadder he became.

"He is Giyuu. Giyuu, Giyuu, Giyuu. Thought he was helping by chasing after us. Poor Giyuu. Thought he was saving me. Giyuu... he got Inosuke and Zenitsu locked up. He won't let me see them." Tanjiro spoke with such little emotion that the therapist was starting to get scared.

"Who are they to you? Inosuke and Zenitsu sound very be important to you..." The therapist mumbled, scooting a tiny bit away from Tanjiro.

Tanjiro of course noticing this laughed a bit, he knew they'd react that way. They all did.

He couldn't help but also feel a bit confused about the question. Who were Inosuke and Zenitsu to him?

"They... they are my lovers?" Tanjiro answered, it sounded more like a question then an answer. "I hate them, I really do but a bigger part of me loves them more than anything and anyone. They were the only ones that I had when I was around them. I didn't have anyone else... which was mostly their fault as well."

The therapist wrote as Tanjiro talked, this information would be very useful to them.

"Sometimes I want to move on but I can't. I can't move on because I love them. Anything I do reminds me of them." Tanjiro spoke in a distant tone, his eyes glossed over and his words were spoken in a soft manner. "I wanted to cut my hair, it was getting too long and in the way but then I remembered that they always said that I was prettier with my hair long so I didn't."