𝘼𝙗𝙨𝙦𝙪𝙖𝙩𝙪𝙡𝙖𝙩𝙚

ab·squat·u·late
/ˌabˈskwäCHəˌlāt/
(v.) to leave without saying goodbye

was I supposed to be sleep several hours ago?um yes

am I gonna be tired tomorrow at school?probably

do I care? nope.

did I take forever to write a chapter in Inosuke's pov? yep, yep, yep 👍

also thank you all for 40k+ reads <3 I'm definitely late but I really appreciate every single one of you who take the time out of your days to read my shitty writing <333 love you guys <3

Inosuke's Point of View:

"I love you both, so, so much." He randomly blurted out. Breaking the once peaceful silence that had settled among us as we got ready for bed.

Zenitsu had already dozed off so that left me, on the verge of sleep, to respond to his words. But apparently, he didn't need a response because he continued.

"I'm sorry, I don't want to. I swear, I don't want to but they'll know." His voice broke slightly as his sniffles and cries became more and more familiar to my ears.

It almost sounded as though he had been crying... crying so silently in the darkness that had slowly flooded the room as the sun had long set.

But why? Why had he been crying? Was he ill? Hurt? Scared?

What was he doing?

And who? Who would know?

That was the question I wanted to ask so badly but I didn't. I regret not asking when I had the chance, had I known it would have been my last I'd have done it in a heartbeat.

"It hurts... it hurts really badly. And I know that they'll do much worse to me if I don't leave." He continued, loud shuffling following after his words. "Much worse to the both of you. I'd never do anything to harm either of you but I'd rather not take the risk of them going back on their word and injuring one, or even the both of you. As I say these words aloud in the darkness of our room, I register a couple of things.

Firstly, I won't be able to properly say my goodbyes to you two because I know you'll try to stop me therefore risking all of our lives.

Secondly, the amount of apologies or excuses I come up with will never be enough for either of you to forgive me for this. I accept that now but I'll of course continue to love you and wish for your safety. I'll also pray that somewhere in your hearts you'll have forgiven me for my actions, which were once more for your safety and mine.

Thirdly, we most likely will not have a future together. Any plans we had before going down the drain as soon as I walk out of this house. I'm not alright with that but as long as you both have a future I'll live with it.

And lastly, if you two ever come looking for me you'll most likely find me dead. That is one of the things I hope you won't do. As I would rather you not come across my body and whatever was done to it by the time you manage to track me down... if you track me down. Hopefully, I won't end up dead but hope hasn't done much for me in the past so I can only reckon that it won't for my future." He finished, I could no longer make out the rest of what he had said.

If only I'd known that would be the last time I'd ever hear his voice. Feel his touches as he planted a kiss upon my forehead... the mark burning as he had left.

The one night Zenitsu decided to put his earplugs in and fall into a deep sleep. Would he have heard all that Tanjiro had planned to do if he hadn't had the plugs in? Would he have been able to stop him from leaving?