Bᴜsʏ

Cool thing, actually really sad one. I'm scared of butterflies because of that one SpongeBob episode with wormy 😼👍

Third Person Pov:

A week.

There was a week left until Tanjiro's birthday. A whole seven days until it was his birthday.

Everyone was so excited, even more, excited than the birthday boy himself. Not that anyone noticed it down mood.

Tanjiro knocked on the door to Zenitsu's office. The burgundy at first thought that having his lover work from home meant more time together, only to surely be disappointed when he found out it just meant him getting teased by the thought.

Zenitsu was only a door away, yet, he felt a million miles away when they weren't spending time together.

When the younger received no reply from the inside, he hesitantly opened the door, apologizing for the disruption.

"Zen?" He called into the dark room, the only light seemed to be the one pouring in from the hallway. "Zenitsu?"

Tanjiro was about to leave seeing as though it was empty when he heard a light snore coming from the desk.

He must have been overworking himself again. Tanjiro sighed, entering the room fully to grab the cover that usually rested on the couch, off the floor.

Tanjiro carefully placed it over Zenitsu's sleeping form, moving his glasses off of his face and shutting down his computer.

"...Tanjiro?" The older whispered, the small touches from the burgundy not going unnoticed. He squinted at the blurry figure before him.

"Go back to sleep," Tanjiro said, slowly moving away from the desk to not disturb the blond anymore.

"...I'm sorry..." Zenitsu slurred, rubbing his eyes. His head dropping down every now and then. "I didn't mean to..."

"Shh... it's okay. We're okay, love." Tanjiro planted a light kiss on the older's forehead, rubbing his back to soothe him back to sleep. "I know you didn't mean it. Just go back to sleep, baby." Tanjiro whispered, making sure to keep his voice light so as to not disturb him anymore.

Zenitsu mumbled a couple of incoherent words before closing his eyes and drifting off. Light snores came from him as Tanjiro left his side.

Such a cute couple... such a shame they'll only last for so long.

Five days.

Two days since the whole office thing and five days until it was Tanjiro's birthday. Some would say there wasn't that long before his birthday but if you think about it, there are twenty-four hours in a day, multiply that by five and you get one hundred twenty hours until his birthday.

Everything seemed to be going smoothly so far. No arguing going on between the two lovebirds. Zenitsu held himself up in his office all day long, coming out occasionally to use the bathroom and eat, Tanjiro on the other hand kept himself busy thinking it would help keep his mind off of the loneliness starting to creep up on him.

"Did you know there's a new Mario movie coming out?"

"There is?! Are you sure? Is it coming out this month?" Tanjiro asked, not able to keep the excitement out of his tone.