Mɪsᴜɴᴅᴇʀsᴛᴏᴏᴅ

not sure why I'm literally attracted to this picture.

this is part two of Birthday Surprise btw :]

Third Person Pov:

Tanjiro was pissed. Sad, but mostly pissed.

Why are they mad at him for something he didn't even cause?! It's been a week and every time Tanjiro thinks about what happened, he wants to just disappear from the world.

His friends tried to reassure him that everything was going to be fine and that Inosuke and Zenitsu would get over it, but they'd been making things awkward and weird by avoiding him.

And to make matters worse, they haven't even spoken to him properly since his birthday! Tanjiro's sadness slowly turned into anger.

"Stupid Kanao, stupid Inosuke, stupid Zenitsu!" Tanjiro mumbled to himself, making the people passing by look at him strangely before moving on.

He thought that taking a walk would help him relax and release some steam but all it seemed to do was remind him how lonely he felt without them.

It was Tanjiro muttering to himself for the umpteenth time when he noticed a certain black-haired girl waving him down.

Oh no. No, no, no, no, no. Please not her again.

Tanjiro hung his head low as he avoided her gaze, speed walking in the opposite direction to lose her.

"Tanjiro! Tanjiro— w-wait!" She called after him, following him down every staircase, every alleyway, and through every shop.

Tanjiro, stupidly, decides to spare a glance behind him only to gasp in surprise and fall at the face that awaited him.

"Shit." He swore, hissing as the rocks and dirt dug into his skin. Just what he needed today.

"T-Tanjiro! Oh, are you alright?" Kanao asked, bending down to his level and grasping his hand. "Let me help y—"

"Don't touch me." Tanjiro seethed, shoving her back and clutching his hands to his chest as she fell on her bottom. "I don't need your help."

"Tanjiro..." Kanao sighed, standing up once more and facing the now-also-standing Tanjiro. "Look, I just... I just wanted to explain—"

"I don't care." Tanjiro interrupted, turning and walking away. Leaving Kanao baffled at his words.

"W-what do you mean you don't care?!" Kanao called after him, reaching a hand out to grab him but failed miserably as he yanked his arm back once more.

"Don't fucking touch me, Kanao!" Tanjiro yelled, scaring her and the people nearby who gasped at how he was treating her. "I don't care about your explanation, I don't care about your sorry ass excuses, I don't care about you or how you feel!"

"B-but—"

"Stop fucking following me and stop fucking touching me!" Tanjiro screamed, taking her look of hurt and surprise to flee the scene.

"Tanjiro..." Kanao whispered, clutching her hands to her chest as tears rolled down her face. The feelings of hurt, sadness, and anger filling her sad heart.

"Ma'am? Ma'am, are you alright?" A passerby called out to Kanao, deciding to check up on her after the man had left, just in case. "Was that man hurting you? Should I call the police?"

Kanao shook her head gently, wiping away her tears. "No, no that's alright. I'm fine, thank you." She said, dismissing herself.