ⵊ'ᴍ sᴏʀʀʏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ⵊ ʟᴇᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏᴡɴ

Sobbing, throwing up, drowning in a bucket of my own tears

Third Person Pov:

"Rengoku-san! Please! I'm sorry, I should have helped you! Please, I'll do anything just wake up!" Tanjiro sobbed, tears blurring his vision. "Just hold on a little longer please! They're almost here!"

Rengoku was unresponsive, just barely breathing. All that could be heard around them was the sobbing coming from Tanjiro, Inosuke, and Zenitsu.

All the passengers were safely brought out of the wrecked train.

"Inosuke, Zenitsu, help me carry him! W-We have to get him some help! Please!" Tanjiro looked to the two for help, they just stood there. The sun finally rising, shining down on them.

"Tanjiro... I'm sorry but he's gone..." Zenitsu told the burgundy, making more tears flow out of his eyes.

"He just needs some help! We can get him help! He's still breathing, we..." Tanjiro stopped, noticing that Kyojuro was no longer breathing.

I couldn't save him. Just like I couldn't save them. I'm sorry Rengoku-san... I'm so sorry.

"Monjiro, you have to let go. The Kakushi have to do their job." Inosuke gently pulled Tanjiro away from Rengoku's body. Feeling Tanjiro cling to him as they covered up Kyojuro's body.

"Tanjiro? Where are you going?" Zenitsu asked seeing the burgundy-haired boy, leaving the room. "Shinobu-san said to stay off your feet until you heal all the way."

Inosuke turned his head hearing Zenitsu. He also questioned Tanjiro as to why he was up.

"I'm going to visit Rengoku-san! He told me that he was going to bring me to this new noodle shop that opened not too far from here! Then he was going to show me the cape he got for me that looked just like his! He also was going to—"

"Ponjiro, stop." Inosuke interrupted Tanjiro's rant. It had been a few days since the train mission and Tanjiro was having a hard time coming to terms with what happened. "Come here."

Tanjiro confused, walked over to Inosuke and Zenitsu, seeing their sad faces. He also smelt concern coming from the two.

"What's wrong? I'm going to be late meeting Rengoku-san but I'm sure he won't mind! Maybe I'll make him his favorite food to make it up to him..."

Zenitsu and Inosuke looked over at each other and then at Tanjiro. Each grabbing one of his hands to hold.

"Tanjiro... I know dealing with this type of stuff must be hard but we're here for you. If you need to talk to us we're here. Inosuke and I both agreed to be there for you. You don't need to bottle up all—"

"Wait, what? Dealing with what? What are you guys talking about?" Tanjiro was starting to get worried.

Maybe they're sick?

I'll have to make sure that on the way out to let Shinobu-san know she can check up on them.

Hopefully, Rengoku-san won't be too mad at me for being late.

"Monjiro, the flame guy is dead. The basketball demon had attacked him." Inosuke blurted out, making Zenitsu slap him on the head.

Wait what..?

"Idiot! We agreed on breaking it down slowly to him!"

"That was taking too long!"

Tanjiro blocked out their bickering, he remembers Rengoku talking to him just yesterday. He couldn't be dead.