Tʀᴇᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ʙᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ

The sudden urge to just live, laugh, leave </3

𝙗𝙪𝙨𝙮 𝙥𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙩𝙬𝙤 :]
Third Person Pov:

Our cute couple, Zenitsu and Tanjiro, have been having a rough couple of weeks.

With Zenitsu being stressed with work all the time, he seemed to always take his anger out on the first person he sees, which is Tanjiro.

Tanjiro has to suffer from being yelled at for reasons that he sometimes didn't know. He tried over and over again to stay out of the way, keep quiet and out of sight.

Being out of sight could help prevent him from being yelled at, right?

Wrong.

"Why are you always out of the house for so long?"

Maybe he made it too noticeable. All he was doing was hanging out with friends and running errands to keep himself busy.

"I just feel suffocated in the house," Tanjiro answered, not bothering to face the blond that was currently standing in front of him. Instead, Tanjiro continued to text Inosuke as he usually did. "And it's a bit boring sleeping and sitting in the living room by myself."

After not being able to handle not talking to Muichiro for too long he finally came around. And now that Tanjiro wasn't avoiding everybody as well, he and Inosuke started talking again.

"Is talking to me not an option anymore?" Zenitsu asked, crossing his arms. Making sure to keep his eyes on Tanjiro's phone, the younger sat back for some privacy. "Who are you texting?"

Tanjiro's thumbs stopped their movements across the screen. The burgundy lifted his head to meet Zenitsu's eyes. The eyes that he used to love staring into, their color always drawing him in but now, all they did was make him remember the same eyes that looked at him with anger.

"It's not like you have time to talk anyways," Tanjiro said, making sure Zenitsu didn't miss his annoyed tone. "Don't you have papers due today? Emails to send? Co-workers to call?"

"I asked you a question." Zenitsu brushed off Tanjiro's words. Ignoring that guilty feeling that bubbled up inside him.

"Two actually." Tanjiro clarified.

"Who were you texting?" Zenitsu asked again, tapping his foot in an uncomfortable rhythm.

"A friend," Tanjiro answered, making sure to keep it short. He knew it'd piss the older off.

Who cares if he's pissed off? He'll finally see how I feel for once in his pissy life.

"Who?" Zenitsu pressed on.

"Since you want to know so bad, I'm texting Inosuke." Tanjiro sighed, turning his phone off and placing it with the screen facing down onto the couch. "Happy now? Is that the answer you were looking for?"

"What are you two texting about?"

"Is that really any of your business, Zenitsu?" Tanjiro fired back, now irritated at the blond's constant questioning.

Tanjiro quickly picked up his phone once more and checked the time.

Shit, he'd be here soon.

"Yes, it is because as your boyfriend—" Zenitsu started, following Tanjiro as he got up.

"As my boyfriend? That's funny because you treat me more like a stranger than a partner." Tanjiro said, slipping his shoes on and taking a trip to the guest room— his room, to grab himself a hoodie.

"That's not true, Tanjiro and you know it." Zenitsu sighed, still following the younger. "And where are you going?"

"As I said before, what I do and where I go is now none of your concern." Tanjiro took another peek at his phone before shoving it in his pocket before Zenitsu had a chance to look. "You wanted me to fuck off so bad and now I am. What's the problem now? Cause quite frankly, I'm done with your bullshit. What else do you want from me—?"

Tanjiro was about to continue when a knock at the door caused him to pause. Taking a deep breath, he walked towards the door, pretending like their conversation never happened. Zenitsu followed suit like a lost puppy trying to figure out where Tanjiro was going and with who.

"Tanjiro... did I— was I interrupting something?" Inosuke asked, peering around the burgundy and locking eyes with Zenitsu. "Because if it's a bad time I could just leave—"

"No, no! You didn't interrupt at all, actually. We were just finishing up." Tanjiro butted in, successfully taking Inosuke's eyes off Zenitsu. A small smile being greeted to the raven.

"Tanjiro! You're leaving me here to go hang out with him?!" Zenitsu screeched, making Tanjiro wince at the annoying voice. "You'd pick him over me?!"

"Why hello to you too, Zenitsu." Inosuke dryly greeted, his mood plummeting dramatically at the blond's voice and need to intervene. "Not very good to see you still treating Tanjiro like shit after all this time. Hopefully, he'll find someone more mature and less toxic to settle down with soon."

If that didn't get Zenitsu riled up, then Inosuke offering a hand for Tanjiro to take did. He absolutely hated the soft and smitten look Inosuke kept giving his boyfriend.

Inosuke wasn't Tanjiro's boyfriend. Zenitsu was.

"Fuck off! He's my boyfriend! I don't treat him like shit for your information!" Zenitsu hissed, taking Tanjiro's wrist in his hand and yanking him back into the house. "And he won't be leaving with scum like you. Always hitting on people in relationships."

"I was told you do the same thing," Inosuke responded, a dark look on his face as he noticed how uncomfortable Tanjiro looked. "Except, you prefer to do it physically instead of verbally."

Both boys paled at Inosuke's words. Zenitsu's words getting stuck in his throat.

"Who... I never hurt anybody...." Zenitus whispered, his grip on Tanjiro loosening due to his fear.

"The blood that used to stain the walls and marks that were always on Tanjiro say otherwise." Inosuke snapped back, firmly but gently taking Tanjiro's hand in his. "You're so lucky to be alive. It's because of him that you aren't fighting for your life right now. If I ever, and I mean ever see you lay another hand on him I'll personally take my bare hands and wring your neck with them, am I understood?"

The venom lacing Inosuke's voice was more than enough evidence of his words. Zenitsu nodded frantically, quickly going to shut the door until Inosuke's foot intervened.

"Also, consider yourself single. I want all of Tanjiro's things packed up and ready for me to come and retrieve them in two weeks." Inosuke smiled, removing his foot and gently leading Tanjiro over towards his car. "Have a pleasant evening, Zenitsu!"

"Hey... are you okay?" Inosuke asked as they sat in the car parked in front of his house quietly. "I'm sorry for overstepping by bringing up the abuse and stuff. I also shouldn't have just broken things off for you without your permission. I just couldn't handle how he was treating you and the shit he's done to you after all this time. Still not an excuse for me to say shit like that but I—"

The sniffling coming from Tanjiro cut him off and made him panic slightly.

"H-Hey, I'm really sorry. Please don't cry, I'll— I can fix it!" Inosuke was about to start the car up once more and drive back to Tanjiro's house when his hand was grasped.

"Thank you..." Tanjiro cried, pulling Inosuke into an hug. Quite awkward due to the angle but neither cared, especially not Tanjiro. "I was so scared... I should have left ages ago but I felt bad. I knew I wasn't happy with him but we had times when all of that didn't even matter."

Inosuke pulled out of the hug after some time to wipe away Tanjiro's tears. A watery smile being sent his way.

"You should have let me kill him." Inosuke blurted, catching himself off guard. "It's not like anyone would have missed him anyways!"

"That is true but I'd rather you not get arrested on my behalf." Tanjiro laughed lightly, relaxing into the passenger seat and gazing out the window.

"Besides, who will I settle down with if you end up arrested?"