𝙃𝙚𝙚𝙙 𝙢𝙮 𝙬𝙖𝙧𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙜

nezuko and Inosuke with matching masks >>>>>>>

Third Person Pov:

Rapid knocks could be heard coming from outside their house. The type that made you think either someone needed help or someone was here to cause trouble.

Tanjiro froze in his spot, hand outstretched towards his hot cup of coffee. The book in his hand was no longer his focus, right now, it was the pounding.

He snook a glance over towards the sound asleep Inosuke. The pounding hadn't affected him at all, allowing him to stay content in his slumber.

"Hopefully he finds my body before lunch," Tanjiro mumbles to himself, allowing himself to set his book aside and rise out of the rocking chair he was so delightfully gifted with.

He made sure to hurry down the stairs as the pounding had not stopped even for a minute. It must be something very important if I had to drop my book and rise from my comfy seat.

At this moment he regretted not installing a peephole so that he wouldn't be surprised by the uninvited guest. His hand paused on the doorknob for a moment... then two before he finally opened the door, not at all expecting such a familiar face to appear on the other side of the door.

"Finally! You damn idio—!" The person started before realizing who was actually there, lowering their hand as shock exploded over their features.

The person standing right in front of him was... Inosuke.

But how was that possible? Inosuke was dead asleep upstairs in their bedroom. Tanjiro could've been imagining it even if he wanted to. As clear as day stood Inosuke. A bit different in a few ways.

For example, he had dark bags on his eyes as if he hadn't slept for days— weeks.

His eyes were red. Almost as if he'd been crying every day.

He'd lost a bit of weight. Most likely from a terrible sleeping schedule, along with whatever had him crying so much.

"What the fuck..?" Tanjiro whispered to himself, multiple questions filled his head the longer he stared. He slowly closed the door behind him, just in case Inosuke decided to wake up and wander from his nap.

"Um— I- this— this is awkward," Inosuke said, breaking the silence. "I didn't expect you to open the door."

"Who the fuck did you expect?" Tanjiro snorted, watching as the other Inosuke shifted uncomfortably. "And who exactly are you and why are you pounding on my damn door?"

Are you fucking dumb? "You... do I like, not look familiar to you at all?" Inosuke asked. "Like my appearance isn't ringing any bells??

"I mean, of course, it's ringing bells, idiot!" Tanjiro exclaimed. "It's the fact that you are an exact replica of my boyfriend that's dead-a-fucking-sleep upstairs in our room!"

"That's because technically I am your boyfriend. And technically that's me upstairs asleep and also technically me standing right before you having this conversation."

"Is this some type of prank?" Tanjiro asked, peering around Inosuke to try and catch a glimpse of someone nearby. "Did someone put you up to this?"

Inosuke sighed, mentally face-palming. This was going to be difficult to explain, especially since he knows just how crazy he sounds telling the burgundy this.