Chapter 13

Suga felt that he had done his duty for the day by cooking breakfast for his friends and making sure that they were all out of bed and ready to start the day.

"Now for a little Suga alone time" he said to himself as he walked out of the house with his surf board under his arm. He loved surfing, it always calmed him but it also made him a little sad. The grey haired boy began to learn to surf with his boyfriend just a year earlier. He nearly gave up after he lost him but decided that he needed to continue with the training for the sake of his sanity.

Daichi had noticed the grey haired beauty running into the sea and jumping on his board to paddle out and catch a wave. "God he's gorgeous" the dark haired boy mumbled under him breath. He sat and watched him gracefully ride the waves and then he saw it. "Suga" he shouted but it was too late as the boy was engulfed by the waves. Daichi didn't have to think twice, he just ran into the sea to try and save the broken boy.

"Suga, hey can you hear me" Daichi didn't get a reply so he lay the boy on his back on the sand and tilted his neck so that he could perform C.P.R. "Come on Suga," he shouted, panic rising in his voice and then he saw the blood.

Luckily Daichi had been a lifeguard for the last few years and had to complete vigorous training for his new job as a Police officer. He placed the heel of his palm into the centre of Suga's chest and placed the other hand on top and pushed down whilst counting to 10....nothing. He tilted the unconscious boys head upwards and pinched his nose whilst forcing air into his lungs. Again, nothing.

"Suga, Suga wake up" the boy shouted getting more and more frantic. He began to push on the boys chest again and this time when he reached 5 Suga began to cough as water spluttered out of his mouth. Daichi pulled him up into a seated position and just held the boy close.

"What happened?" Suga asked groggily. "Some idiot crossed right across your wave and hit you. I was on the beach and noticed that his board had hit you in the head, you were out cold"

Suga realised that Daichi looked quite upset so smiled at him and replied, "you saved my life. Didn't you?" Daichi looked at the boy, "anyone would have done it" he responded. "Not everyone" Suga pointed out, "you're my hero. My head hurts like a bitch though" he chuckled touching the large bump on his head. "Let's get you back to the house" Daichi responded whilst scooping Suga up into his arms and walking towards the beach houses.

Akaashi was sat outside drinking coffee when he caught sight of the two walking towards the house. "Why is Suga being carried?" he said under his breath and then he saw the blood.

"SUGA'S HURT, HELP!!!" Akaashi shouted as everyone ran outside. "Holy fuck Suga, what the hell have you been doing?" Akaashi screamed. "Some idiot crossed my wave when I was on it and knocked me unconscious but luckily for me Daichi saved me" Suga smiled fondly at the boy, "he's my hero"

"I think we should get you to a hospital to check you out. Just to make sure that your okay" Daichi advised the boy. "No I'm fine, I don't like hospitals will you just help me get to my room please" the grey haired boy asked. "Okay no problem" Daichi replied ascending the stairs whilst carrying the boy.

Ten minutes later Daichi was back downstairs and noticed that all of the boys from both houses were sat around waiting for an update on Suga. "He really should have gone to the hospital to get checked out" the dark haired boy advised. He noticed that all of Suga's friends looked really upset and anxious and he couldn't understand why, the boy was okay.

Oikawa sniffled, "Suga won't set foot in an hospital ever again". Daichi looked confused, "Why?" Kenma looked at the floor whilst replying quietly, "Suga's boyfriend died last year" Everyone gasped, "how?" Daichi replied. "He drowned. Suga always thought that the hospital staff gave up too soon when they tried to resuscitate him. He was devastated."

Daichi just stood with his eyes wide and mouth gaping, "Oh God, that could have been him".....