Chapter 16

Sakusa hated people touching him, hell even being too close was bad enough but he loved the feel of Atsumu's soft hand in his, the way that their fingers entwined. It just felt right.

"Are you ok?" the blonde asked, a worried expression on his face. "Err, yeah. I'm f-fine" the boy answered. "Yes you are" Atsumu mumbled quietly. Sakusa's face was crimson by now, he had heard what the boy said but was too embarrassed to admit that he had. "Sorry, what did you say?" "Nothing" Atsumu responded with a relieved sigh.

The boys had been walking along the beach for at least 10 minutes when they came across a wooden jetty that jutted out into the water. "Come on, let's go and sit at the end" Atsumu smiled whilst pulling the dark haired boy with him. They both sat, whilst dangling their legs over the edge.

"Tell me about yourself" Atsumu asked the boy whilst looking directly into his eyes. Sakusa felt like the blonde could see into the depths of his soul, which made him a little uncomfortable. "What do you want to know" he asked. "Everything" Atsumu replied.

"I hate germs, crowds and people who don't try to reach the full potential but I love volleyball and my family. Well my auntie, uncle and cousins and I'm really close to my cousin Komori"

"Are you not close to your parents?" Atsumu asked. "No" the boy replied. "I think that they see me as a mistake" he answered sadly looking at the floor. Atsumu squeezed his hand gently, so the boy continued. "They already had a son and daughter when I came along, so I wasn't needed. I spent alot of time with my grandmother who suffered from severe social anxiety and therefore all of her irrational and rational fears became mine and that's why I struggle so much now."

"It's okay" Atsumu whispered gently stroking his hand, "you don't have to tell me anything else." "No I want to" he replied. "When I turned 13 I realised that I liked guys so my father disowned me." "Oh my God, that's awful" the blonde replied sadly. "Luckily my cousin Komori and his parents took me in. They're my real family, my parents are just my DNA donors. What about you?" he asked.

Atsumu sighed deeply and began, "I've always been quite feminine from being small. My mom would humour me and sometimes let me wear skirts and dresses at home when my father was working but when I was 10 he came home and caught me. He was furious, they argued and he started spending more and more time at work, he couldn't even look at me when he was home." "I'm sorry Sumu, you don't have to continue" the dark haired boy whispered trying to calm the other down as he noticed that he was getting quite emotional.

There was silence for a short time and then the boy continued. "It was having a detrimental effect on my mental health so my mom decided that enough was enough so we decided to leave but Samu wanted to stay with dad, he had always been his favourite"

Atsumu hadn't noticed the tear escape and run down his face but Sakusa had. He pulled the boy closer and gently brushed the tear off his cheek, "it's okay Sumu, you have me now"

The blonde gasped, he felt his heart swell for the beautiful dark haired boy as he showed him so much care and compassion even though they had only met the day before. "Thank you Omi kun" the boy smiled resting his head on the others shoulder. "You're welcome Sumu" he replied.