Chapter 34

The boys all boarded the boat, excitement in the air as they dashed about the deck checking everything out. "You must thank your parents for this" Suga beamed, "it's amazing. I can't believe we've got all day to enjoy this" Everyone agreed wholeheartedly.

"Excuse me everyone" a pretty woman in a white uniform, spoke whilst trying to get their attention by waving at the boys. They all turned to look at her. "Hi, I'm your Captain for today and my name is Mei. If you need anything you just need to ask any of the sailing team. If you want to ask anything about the boat you can ask Haru" she pointed towards a man who looked like he was in his thirties. He looked approachable so the boys nodded.

"If you need anything to eat or drink you need to see the chief stewardess, her name is Yukie" again she pointed out the staff member. She was stunning but obviously none of the boys were interested. "Oh and by the way she's my fiancee" the Captain smiled as she walked towards the bridge.

"Okay" Yukie smiled, "Is it okay to do lunch at 1?" "Yeah that's great" Atsumu answered. "Is sushi okay?" she asked. Atsumu nodded politely. "Okay we're going to set sail and then put anchor down in one of the coves. Once we get there we'll put the inflatable slide up and get the jet ski's out for you all to use. Have fun" she waved walking towards the galley.

The boat reached it's destination after about fifteen minutes. The cove itself was breathtaking and in no time at all the boys were enjoying the amenities, well all but one who had found himself a small nook to sit in as he felt the beginnings of a panic attack. He could always tell the signs. The chest pains, difficulty breathing, the cold sweat, the tingling in his extremities and the feeling of pure terror, like the world was closing in on itself.

Daichi looked around for his boyfriend, he was nowhere around so he split himself off from the group and went to look for the silver haired beauty.

After a circuit around the boat he was starting to panic until he heard gasping. He looked under some stairs and came face to face with Suga, he was literally hyperventilating as tears stained his pretty face.

"Hey, babe. What's wrong?" he asked softly. Suga let out a jagged breath, "Kyo....water....dead....my fault...scared" the boy sobbed. Daichi pulled him close and just let him ride out the panic attack whilst whispering in his ear and running his fingers through his hair.

As the attack subsided, Daichi gently wiped the tears from Suga's face and placed a soft kiss on his lips. "Do you want to talk about it?" he asked quietly. "You'll hate me" Suga whimpered. "I could never hate you, I'm hooked. I'm not going to push you but I'll listen if you need to get it out and I can promise you that you could never do anything to make me hate you."

Suga looked at the man in front of him and he knew that he would never judge him, he could tell be the way he was looking at him, the concern on his face and the way that he held so tightly onto his hand. So he took a deep breath and began.

"We were at the beach and we'd had an argument about me talking to too many people and not paying him enough attention. I got mad and told him that it may be better for us to have a break. I could tell that I'd hurt him by saying that but it didn't stop me walking away while he ran into the waves with his board. He'd always warned me not to go out surfing if I was mad or distracted as it was dangerous. As I got to the parking lot I realised that is exactly what he had done. I had a feeling of dread so I ran back to the beach, just in time to see him being pulled lifeless out of the sea." The boy let out a broken sob.

"It's okay Suga" Daichi whispered pulling him closer.

"I tried to resuscitate him but nothing was working. The ambulance arrived and they tried for about ten minutes to bring him around and then just stopped and pronounced him dead at the scene. I screamed and shouted for them to keep trying but they said it was too late. I remember kneeling at the side of his body and thinking it's all my fault."

By now Suga was distraught. "I find it really hard to go into the sea now and when I finally got the courage to try again, you had to save me. I'm so fucking useless" he sobbed.

Daichi gently lifted his chin and looked directly into those beautiful hazel eyes. "Suga, that wasn't your fault. Kyo warned you about the dangers but still chose to go into the water, you couldn't have stopped him, okay?"

"Okay" Suga whispered. "And please never think that about yourself, you are not useless. You're one of the most kindest, caring and sweet people I have ever met. Your friends love you more than anything. Koushi you're amazing and I'm so lucky to call you mine."

"Thank you Daichi" he smiled softly as the dark haired boy pulled him into a tight embrace.