Chapter 38

Oikawa and Atsumu had managed to eventually calm Suga down after promising that they would stay in the same room as him that night. He wanted to look over the photos that he had of Kyo, he wanted to talk about him, reminisce about him but he knew that he couldn't do that with Daichi in the same room but luckily the dark haired male understood and slept in Iwa's room for the night.

Suga picked up a photo of his previous lover, "I love this image of him, it's just so .....him." Kawa held Suga's hand whilst Atsumu gently rubbed his back. "I was meant to marry him, spend the rest of my life with him, grow old with him" the boy said quietly, tears running down his face. "Do you think he knew how much I loved him?"

Oikawa tried desperately to stem his own tears, Suga didn't need to see him break, he needed them to be strong for him. "He knew Koushi and he felt the same way. You could tell by the way he looked at you, you were his whole world."

Suga smiled sadly, "I'm going for a walk on the beach. I need to be alone for a little while." The grey haired boy stood up and walked towards the door. "Wait" Atsumu shouted whilst grasping his friends hand as he walked away. "Me and Kawa will come with you. I don't like the idea of you walking alone on the beach at night."

Suga turned to look at his friends with a pleading look on his face, "please I need to do this. I'll be fine. You can come and get me in thirty minutes, I promise I won't go far" and with that Atsumu released the boy from his grasp and watched him leave the room, photo in hand.

The silver haired boy found a place to sit on the sand, looking at the waves lap against the shore but not quite reaching him. He looked at the photograph, Kyo was taller than Suga with an athletic build. He had longish dirty blonde hair at the top and shorter brown underneath, in an undercut. He also had two piercings in the top of his left ear and a tattoo on his right shoulder, it was a silhouette of a surfer. Suga had a smaller matching one on his left shoulder.

He remembered the first time they met at a surfing competition 5 years before. The silver haired boy stood in awe watching the other glide over and through the waves, he exuded confidence unlike Suga who was an absolute novice. When the taller boy finished his set he walked onto the beach and saw what he could only describe as an heaven on earth. He walked slowly towards the boy ignoring everyone who tried to congratulate him. He didn't care, he just wanted to get to the boy who blushed so cutely as their eyes met.

Suga let out a broken sob, "I wish I could see you again baby, just once." He lowered himself until his back hit the sand and he looked upwards towards the stars.

The boy managed to compose himself as he heard footsteps running past him. He looked up to see a figure with dirty blonde hair, piercings and a tattoo on his right shoulder. He could feel his breath hitch, his heart beating like it was going to pop out of his chest.

"KYO" he screamed as he ran towards the water, the surfer continued to paddle himself further out not paying any attention to the screaming boy as he sank to his knees in the water. The scream that left Suga's lungs was pure pain and suffering.

"Suga" Oikawa screamed as he and Atsumu grabbed the boy, pulling him from the waves before he was washed away. Oikawa had never heard a sound so guttural and heart wrenching.

" Kawa, Kyo's here. He's here" the silver haired boy sobbed as Atsumu and Oikawa looked at each other, confusion apparent on their faces. "Koushi, honey. There's no one there" Atsumu replied quietly. Suga's eyes widened when he looked around and realised that they were right. "Take me home please" he whimpered as the boys gently lifted him to his feet and walked towards the beach house.

What they didn't see was the surfer who walked out of the water when he was sure the others had left. He opened the door to the camper van, removed the dirty blonde wig and the fake tattoo from his shoulder and sniggered loudly.

"Ah bitches, I'm going to end you both before I leave, I'm going to break you both Oikawa Tooru and Sugawara Koushi"....