Chapter 14

Daichi knew he couldn't just walk away after what he'd just heard so he turned around and ran up the stairs taking them two at a time. He knew that he had made the right decision when he heard Suga softly sobbing into his pillows.

Suga hadn't heard the boy enter his room and the next thing he knew was that he was being swept up into someones arms. Arms that pulled him in tight, comforted him and made him feel safe at the same time, in his head he thought that it was Kyo but then he realised it couldn't be so he sobbed louder.

"Shh Suga, it's okay" Daichi whispered in his ear whilst rubbing his back gently. "I'm sorry" the grey haired boy cried softly. "You have nothing to be sorry for. You've been through so much already, just tell me how I can help" Daichi pleaded. "Just hold me, please" Suga replied whilst being pulled closer into the dark haired boys chest.

About 5 minutes later Oikawa opened the door quietly and saw the two boys laying together on Suga's bed. Daichi smiled at Oikawa and whispered, "he's okay now, he's sleeping". "Thank you for looking out for him Daichi, there's only really me or Akaashi that can normally calm him down. He must really trust you" and with that Oikawa walked out of the room and moments later Daichi was also asleep.

"Is he okay?" Akaashi asked looking extremely upset. "He's asleep babe, don't worry" Oikawa replied pulling his pretty friend in for a hug, "it looks like we have one other person that can calm him when things get too much. Daichi's a really nice guy" he said smiling at Daichi's friends. "Could you tell us a little about him?" Kenma asked.

"He's probably one of the most caring people I've ever met" Matsun began. "He's one of the most sensible ones here but he falls in love really quickly but always ends up getting his heart broken" the boy continued. "He had a really tough life himself but that just seems to have made him a better person" Iwa added.

"Why what happened to him?" Kawa asked looking a little unsettled. "His father beat him, his mother and his younger sister on a regular basis all throughout junior school. He even told Daichi if he ever tried to step in then his mom 'would get it' Iwa responded. "That's awful" Kawa replied.

"In our second year of high school his father beat his mother so badly that she ended up in hospital and Daichi snapped. He looked everywhere for his dad, finally finding him in a bar, he beat the shit out of him in front of everyone so the police were called."

Everyone looked so shocked, this image did not gel with the kind, caring person that everyone had met just the day before but everyone agreed that if the same thing had happened to them they would have probably acted in the same way.

"Daichi was arrested for the attack but the police dropped all charges when they took into account his age and what he went through. My father was his lawyer so he came to live with us for a little while why his mother recuperated from her injuries" Sakusa explained.

"What happened next?" Akaashi asked, curiosity pricking in his voice. "His mom remarried and Daichi returned to live with her. His step dad is a lovely man, he cares about his mom and the siblings deeply and he just happens to be a Police officer, which is why Daichi chose his current career path" Sakusa finished.

"What happened to his dad?" Kawa asked. "He was arrested for attempted murder and is currently incarcerated. Daichi and his sister have cut him off and never mention him" the dark haired boy continued.

"I think that it's safe to say that they've both had a traumatic life so far" Tendou sighed. "Yeah" everyone agreed.

"I really hope that they support each other because I feel even after such a short period of time that they're good together" Suna smiled.

"Yeah, they are" Osamu replied.