Chapter 93

The Police chief was called back into Kenma's hospital room once the blond was made comfortable and had spoken to the lawyer that had been retained for him by Kiyoko.

"Are you okay to tell us what happened earlier today?" the man asked with a comforting lilt to his voice.

Kuroo felt the small boy squeeze his hand tightly, he turned to look at him and whispered, "it's okay, I'm here, I'm not going anywhere." Kenma smiled nervously and began.

"I decided to return to our room as I was feeling a little unwell. I hadn't noticed anyone following me as I was playing a game on my phone. I got into the elevator and continued what I was doing but at the last minute the door was forced open and in walked Touma. He attacked me as soon as the door closed, he hit me with something and everything went black."

Kuroo could tell that his boyfriend was struggling so he squeezed his hand and whispered, "it's okay, just take your time." The small blond gave a small smile, sighed and then continued with the details.

"When I woke up I was tied to a chair" he sniffled, "and shortly after Hideo and another person, who was wearing a mask, came in with Akaashi. He tried to protect me Kuroo and they hurt him" sobbed the small boy, "it's my fault that he's injured."

"I can promise you that he's fine", comforted the police chief, "he has stitches to a small head wound and a slight concussion. Do you need a break so that you can compose yourself?" the man asked.

"No" the boy replied, "I just want to get this over with." " Okay, but if you feel like you need to stop at any point, please let me know"

"I was taken out of the room after they had hurt Akaashi and they took me to the place where you found me" he took a sharp intake of breath and continued. "When we got there, the third man took his mask off and it was Kiyoshi, please you need to tell Terushima about him" he cried.

"He knows babe" Kuroo muttered softly, "Teru's in Kiyoshi's hospital room with him as he's in a coma. I did tell him to stay away from the back stabbing bastard but he wouldn't listen."

"No, you don't understand. He was forced into getting involved. They told him that they would kill Terushima if he didn't play along. Kuroo, it's because of him that I'm still alive" Kenma sobbed loudly.

Kuroo was wide eyed, he was sure that the boy was involved. "So he wasn't the master mind?" he asked his lover. "No Habiki is in charge. Touma spoke to him on the phone during the time that everything took place."

The police chief picked up his radio and began to speak, "Verify that Habiki is still in custody." The radio crackled into life, "Sorry sir he's gone. He got away in the midst of recovering Kozume Kenma." Kuroo looked angrily at the man, "you better find him now" Kuroo screamed whilst holding a shaking Kenma in his arms.

The chief stood and bowed in front of the two men. "I'll post police officers at your door and with your friends at the hotel. Once I've got everything rectified I'll continue with your statement" he then turned and left the room.