Chapter 48

"He's dead? How? I don't understand" Iwaizumi gasped, the confusion on his face apparent. "I don't know exactly" Kawa replied, shaken and obviously in shock, "one of the detectives is on his way here. He said he needs to question us."

Everyone looked around at each other, eyes wide and mouths gaping. " Why do they need to speak to us?" Kenma asked. "We were here the whole time, he was killed in his cell, right? So what do they think that they're gonna learn from us?"

Iwaizumi decided to take Oikawa to the hot spring hoping that it would take his mind off the imminent visit. The boys sat together holding hands as the steam swirled around them, the atmosphere was strained.

"I'm sorry Hajime" the brunette whispered. "What for Tooru? You haven't done anything" Iwaizumi replied, his brow furrowed. "I bet you wish that you never met me" he said even quieter. Iwaizumi was surprised and truthfully a little pissed. "Don't you dare say that" he replied raising his voice slightly. However he realised that he was being a dick when Oikawa visibly flinched.

Iwaizumi felt like his heart would break as he pulled the boy into his arms. "I'm so sorry baby. I didn't mean to scare you. You're the best thing that's ever happened to me, you put up with my moods, you love me unconditionally and you ran in to a burning building to save my life. I will never forget that, ever."

He gently cupped the brunettes face and kissed him with so much feeling that he thought that his heart would stop. "I love you Tooru"

It was all too much for the brunette as he broke down, sobbing uncontrollably as Iwa held him close and rubbed his back. "I love you too Hajime" he whispered into the boys ear once he had eventually calmed down.

"Guys, the detective's here" Akaashi shouted just loud enough for them to hear. "Thanks Akaashi" Iwa replied helping Oikawa out of the hot spring. They dried off and walked into the building to come face to face with the Coastal police detective.

"Okay now everyone's here I'll explain to you what happened. "Ryu was taken to his cell last night and he was still alive after the midnight checks, however when the guard did his 1am check he wasn't in his cell."

"What do you mean, he wasn't in his cell?" Kuroo asked, "How did he get out?"

"We have no idea but the cell was locked."

"I don't understand. Surely only the guards have access to the keys that open and close the cells" Suna pointed out, all of the boys nodding in agreement. "Do you have camera's?" Iwa asked. "Yes but they faulted at midnight and didn't come back on until 2am but by then we had searched the prison and had found his body in the kitchens."

"How did he die?" Kawa asked quietly. "He was tortured, stabbed and ......

"And what?" Suga asked. "He was nailed to the wall" the Detective answered.

"Oh my God" Kawa gasped. Everyone looked at the boy and was shocked by how vulnerable he looked. "I hated him for what he did but I would never wish that on anyone." The detective nodded at the brunette and stood. "I'll leave now, you've had a traumatic day but I may have to return to ask further questions" the detective bowed and left the room closely followed by Iwa and Kawa. "I'm gonna take him to rest for a little while" Iwa said whilst leading Oikawa to his room".

"He fucking deserved it after what he put Kawa, Iwa and Suga through" Atsumu whisper shouted, not wanting Oikawa to hear the conversation.

"I wish I could've done it" a weary Suga replied.

"He can rot in hell" Daichi growled whilst pulling Suga closer.

"Whoever did it, did us a favour" Sakusa began, "let's hope that they never get caught."

Everyone nodded in agreement. As far as they were concerned, whoever had killed Tachibana Ryu had performed a public service. The man was definitely on his way to hell.