Part 6

Sana's P.O.V. 

The voices from my childhood replayed in my head and sent me crazy! Those children laughing at me and calling me names made me mad even until today. I continued chopping the grass to take out all my frustration. As I got extremely tired and my hands pained and burnt, I dropped the machete on the ground and looked at everyone. They all sat and stared at me. Panting, I ran pass all of them and went up to the terrace. There, I sat in a corner and hugged my knees while bending down my head. 

*Flashback*

I was a little girl and Papa dropped me to school like always. He stooped down to me and said, "Enjoy your day. I'll see you later." "Bye Papa," I said hugging him. He fixed my glasses properly on my face and sent me off. As I was sitting in class, one student threw a piece of paper which hit me. The boy pointed at the paper and I took it up and read it, 'Ugly duckling!' I got annoyed and threw it back at him but it accidently hit his eye. He began crying in pain and the teacher punished me by making me kneel down outside the class. Lunch came and the boy and my other classmates came to me. "Hey ugly! Give me your lunch," he said. "Leave me alone," I said hugging my lunchbox. "Or else what? You will tell your daddy?" He said pouting mockingly. Everyone started laughing. "Give me that," he said pulling away my lunch box. That evening when Papa came for me, I was furious. Sitting in the car, I asked, "Why can I not be beautiful?" "Sana, is something wrong?" He asked. "Those children call me the ugly duckling. They even took my lunch," I said. "Oh baby!" He said caressing my hair, "Who says you are not beautiful? You're the most beautiful girl in this entire world!" "No! I'm not! You're lying to me!" I screamed. He remained silent and drove home. That evening, I remained in my room crying and he didn't leave me for a single second. He even left his important meeting just to be with me. Mom got really angry with him for that. My entire school life was ruined by I getting bullied everyday for not being pretty and being a nerd. The only people that understood and accepted me were Papa and Abhishek. But when Papa died, I went into depression. I was starting high school soon and didn't want to endure the same thing so I decided to start over. I bought new clothes and shoes and began learning to do makeup. Since then, I have always been this way and never gave anyone a chance to call me ugly again. But it still haunts me.

*End of flashback*

Sidharth's P.O.V. 

I went to the terrace and saw Sana sitting in a corner. I went and sat next to her. "Go away!" She said without raising her head. I didn't move or say anything. "I said, go away!" She said louder. I remained the same. "Just leave me alone! Go away!" She said raising her head away and pushing me away. I glimpsed her hands and there were blisters all over. With all my strength, I held her hands and looked at them. "See, what you have done in your anger!" I said to her annoyed, "Your entire hands are filled with blisters. Do you know how painful these are?" I slowly began blowing at them. I looked at her red eyes and knew that she was crying. "Sana..." I started but she pulled her hand away angrily. "I am crazy! I thought that you all would not judge me if I didn't wear any makeup but I was clearly wrong. You all are no different from others. You laugh at people as well just because they don't look good without makeup," she said frustrated. "Hey, who said that you don't look good without makeup?" I asked. "Everyone thought so and you guys reminded me that what everyone thinks is right. Thanks a lot!" She said getting up. She went to the railing and looked down. I went and stood beside her. "Sana, answer one questions honestly, do you in your heart believe that you are beautiful regardless if you wear makeup or not?" I asked. "I'm the ugly duckling. I always have been. The nerd types. Do you even know how I was bullied because of this! I changed and made myself like this to fit in with everyone. I had to change myself," she said, "After Papa died I...I went into a depression. Only he understood me. Only he loved me truly. I had to become this way." She broke into tears and began sobbing. She rested her head on my chest and unknowingly, my hands caressed her back. Suddenly, her body began getting heavier and heavier. I shook her a bit and she was completely leaning on me.