Part 42

Sidharth's P.O.V. 

I stood from my room window and looked at Sana behind the curtains. When Megha came and started talking to her, I immediately became concerned and worried that she will do something to her but they only chatted and hugged each other, parting with smiles. A luxury car pulled up and a driver came out, greeting her. She even hugged him. I wanted to go to her and stop her from leaving but I was too hurt and angry. She really hurt me by not telling me her plans and not understanding my feelings. I felt like I was used by her and now that she is leaving, she didn't once make an effort to come and meet me once more. I know that I was the one who told her to leave today itself but I also know that I regretted it. Was this all she understood me? Didn't she want to come and talk to me or at least try? I looked at her staring at my house as she wiped her tears away and got into the car. As the car drove off, I stepped out on my balcony and looked at it going further and further away. The feeling that I feared the most was coming back. The feeling of losing the person you love the most going away from you and you can't stop them. My eyes welled up. "Sidharth," Sharad said behind me. I wiped my tears away and turned to his disappointed face. "You know that you could have stopped her, right?" He said. "Don't you think I wanted to try. But would she have? No, she would have left me even then," I said. "You all don't understand each other and that's the problem. She thinks that you don't ever want to see her face and your ego is too big to accept the fact that you had the ability to stop her," he said. "I don't have anything to say about this. Leaving everything behind and going was her decision and if she regrets it later, then that will be her fault, not mine," I said gritting my teeth, annoyed. "You could have atleast showed her your face one last time!" He yelled. "And what that would have solved? I wasn't the one to walk out and leave, she was! And if she thinks she made the right decision then let her be!" I shouted back frustrated. This wasn't only the frustration of talking and listening to him but also because I knew he was right. I had the ability to stop her but my ego was too big. 

I left him there and went down to my clinic. I wore my coat and stethoscope and went out to call my first patient but only Megha was there. My annoyance grew larger and I rolled my eyes and dropped my shoulders, sighing. "I wanted to talk to you," she said. I simply held a straight face and waited. "Look Sidharth, I know that you might not trust me when I say that I don't hate Sana and never wished her bad. But being misunderstood by you and everyone else is hurting me. It's really taking a toll on me. Whatever Neha and Mom did, I had no part to play in that and I don't know how to convince you honestly but, I just don't want you thinking of me badly or blaming me for their mistakes," she said, "If Sana can forgive me and become my friend, why can't you?" I thought about her words. Sana is her friend now? This girl really never listens to anything I tell her. "Sana maybe can forget everything. But I can't. And even though she left me, no other girl can enter my life," I said. Another young girl entered the clinic and came to me asking, "Are you Dr. Shukla?" "Yes, I am," I said. Smiling, she said, "Hello sir, my name is Bani. I came for the secretary's post. I saw the ad in the newspaper." "Come with me," I said and went into my office leaving Megha outside. I sat and explained the job to the girl and looked at her high school graduate scores. She seemed highly educated. Then, why would she want this job? "Sir, it will be my pleasure and good fortune working with you. Working in a hospital or with a doctor and helping to save lives has always been my dream," she said. I handed her back her file and said, "You're hired." Her overexcitement got the best of her and she jumped up saying, "Thank you sir!" Realising her outburst, she stood straight and said, "Sorry. I'll get to work." She left the office and went out and I started seeing patients shortly after.

Sana's P.O.V. 

After my eight hours long car drive and a few stops, I reached home. Honestly, I lived my entire life here but coming back home today wasn't satisfying. I knew that I left a huge part of me in Amritsar. I came back home with a void no one and nothing else could fill. Getting out the car, Mom stood excited at the door and I went and hugged her. "My baby is back," she said breaking the hug. "Hi sweetheart," Abhi said coming out. I smiled upon seeing him and he looked dashing, as always. I went to him and hugged him tightly. Breaking the hug, I asked, "Have you eaten my cheesecake?" "Might have taken a little taste but the entire thing is still yours," he said. We giggled as Mom came to us. "Sana, go to your room and get some rest. You can come down for dinner," she said. I nodded and went with Abhi. Jassi was unpacking my stuff and I smiled at her. I knew that she would find this strange since I would normally be angry and shout at them all the time. "Do you need something ma'am?" She asked. "No. You can go. I'll pack my stuff," I said. She frowned at me saying, "But ma'am..." But I cut her off saying, "I have treated you all very badly, haven't I? But not from now on. You can go. From today, I will clean my own room, wash my own clothes and even cook." She left. Abhi sat on the bed, looking at me shocked. "What?" I asked. I began unpacking my clothes. "I thought that you couldn't make it to Bali and when you came back from that home, you will be as furious as ever. But you're a completely different person," he said. "No I'm not. I'm the same Sana," I said scoffing. "No, you're not," he said. "Yes I am," I said. "Nope," he said shaking his head. "Yes," I said. "Let's go clubbing tonight then," he said. I frowned. "I'm too tired," I said. 

He snapped his finger and pointed me saying, "Proof. Sana could never be too tired to party. You are." "Oh come on. I just had an eight hour trip. Let me chill," I said. "Ok, but you owe me some drinks huh," he said. "Done," I said, "Now, if you could kindly leave my room so that I can bathe and change." Looking at his watch, he looked at me surprised saying, "It's not even six yet." "Abhi," I said complaining. "Ok," he said getting off the bed. He came to me and asked, "Are you sure you are alright? I don't know why, you don't seem happy." I frowned at him. As much as I thought returning home will make me happy, I was just as much missing the home and Sidharth. I know that he must be missing me way more than I am missing him. Afterall, it's I that broke his heart and came back. I gave Abhi a fake smile and nodded. He left the room and I went to bathe. After I got dressed, I went downstairs for dinner. Mom and Abhi, along with his parents were at the table and I greeted them as I reached. Mom looked at me in my night clothes and asked surprised, "Are you going to bed this early?" "Yes Mom, I am too tired. I'll just eat and go to bed," I said. Chuckling, Abhi's father said, "We thought you all would go out and celebrate you coming home after so long." "Maybe a next time," I said. Jassi served me a salad I ate every night at home but it did not look appetising anymore. "Jassi, take this away. I'll eat what everyone else is having," I said, again shocking everyone. One by one, they will eventually realise that all my habits have changed. The simple home cooked food from the home have left my taste buds with a new hunger and I wanted just that. She served me the Indian food everyone else were having and I didn't bother to go in with a spoon but mixed it with my fingers and ate. "Seems like that place have rubbed off on you a little bit," Abhi's mom joked. I smiled. "How does it feel to be back home?" His dad asked. "Good," I said and continued eating. 

"Sana, where is your phone? I just sent you a link," Abhi said. "It's in my room," I said. "What? But don't you normally go through your phone during dinner?" He asked. "Oh God Abhi! Why are you encouraging such bad practices?" His mom said to him. "I'm just asking," he said in his defense. "It's ok. I'll check it once I reach back in my room," I said smiling. "How is everyone at the home? Roopaji, Virenji?" Mom asked. "They are all good but I'm sure they might be sitting sulking that I came back so early," I said. "And Sidharth?" She asked. The morsel in my hand merely reached my mouth and I froze at her question. "He is good too, I guess," I said. "Do you know?" She said turning to the three of them, "Sidharth took such good care of her after her accident. He promised every time that he will keep her secure and he did. He sent my daughter back to me safe and sound." Hearing about him made it hard for me to eat. "I think I will call him later and thank him again," she said. "No!" I said shooting my head at her. She looked at me frowning. "Umm...I mean, he told me that he will be in a surgery tonight so his phone will be off," I said awkwardly. She smiled saying, "You scared me." I couldn't bring myself to eat anymore and got up saying, "Excuse me. I'm finished." I left and went to my room. My phone was ringing and I got a hope that it might be Sidharth. Running to my phone, I answered it excited, "Hello?" "Sana?" Sharad said. I dropped my shoulders disappointed. "Hey," I said. "Thank God you're safe. We were trying to call you a while now and you weren't answering. Everyone thought that you..." he said but Roopaji grabbed the phone from him saying, "You're wasting time." Talking to me herself, she said, "Hello, Sana? You reached safely, right dear?" "Yes Roopaji," I said smiling. "Ask her about her trip," Someone whispered in the back. 

"Hold on," she said being bothered, "Sana, how was your trip?" "It was good," I said. "Your turn is up, give me the phone," Daljeetji said taking the phone, "Sana, don't wake too late tonight. Go to sleep early and make sure to eat properly and take your medicines otherwise Sidharth will scold you." "I will follow every instruction," I said. "Good girl," she said. "Ok everyone, time to go. Let Sana rest now," Sharad said. He took the phone and spoke, "Are you alright?" I frowned and asked, "How is Sidharth?" He sighed saying, "I tried talking to him but he is adamant in his own mind. His ego wasn't letting him stop you." "Maybe, this match wasn't meant to be," I said sadly. "No. Everyone knows that this match is perfect. You all just need to now," he said. I stayed quiet and bent my head. "Take care Sana," he said. "Sharad," I said before he hung up, "Take care of Sidharth. Please?" "I will. Don't worry. You take care," he said. I hung up and sighed. Laying on my bed, I looked at Sidharth's picture and got a little solace out of it. Hugging it, I went to sleep, missing him.

__________________

Hey guys! Sorry for the late update. Hope you enjoyed that update! Please vote, comment and share my story! Until next time! Bye!