Part 18

Sidharth's P.O.V. 

I brought Sana out of the room to eat with everyone else and she went and sat next to Sharad, surprisingly, when she usually sat with Roopa Maasi. I frowned as I looked at them and I went and sat next to her. "Don't you always sit with Maasi?" I asked. "Aww..." she said, "I stole your place." "You..." I started but my phone rang. While still looking at Sana with a frown, I answered the phone without watching who was calling. "Hello," I said. "Is that Dr. Sidharth?" A lady asked. "Speaking," I said. "Hello, my name is Paminder Kaur Gill, Sana's mother," she said. I was confused. Looking at Sana with a frown, I got up and left. "Yes, tell me," I said reaching a private area. "I just want to know how my daughter is doing. She refuses to answer my calls and if I call on the landline, she won't talk to me," she said. "Sana...is fine," I said. "Confused on how I got your number?" She asked. "Umm...yes," I said. "I keep in touch with inspector Tripathi and he gave me your number saying that you would honestly tell me about Sana," she said. "Sana is absolutely fine. You don't have to worry about her as long as she is with me. I promise you that I will take care of her. You have my word. Nothing will happen to your daughter as long as I am with her," I said. "One more thing, I am not asking you to lie but Sana can't find out that I called," she said. "I understand. Don't worry. This will remain between us alone. I promise," I said. "Thank you," she said. "If in the future you have any concerns again, you can always call me," I said. "Thank you. Bye," she said. I hung up and turned around to be startled by Sana. Nervously looking at my phone, I asked, "How long have you been standing here?" "Not long," she said frowning. "Did you overhear my conversation?" I asked. 

She looked away saying no and left looking angry. I'm sure she must have heard me talking. I turned around and followed her to the kitchen. "Sana, it's not what you think it is. I was only..." I said starting to explain myself but she cut me saying, "I don't need an explanation as well. Why would I want to know who you will take care of your entire life and who you will be there for?" She said angrily washing the plates. "That is all you heard?" I asked. "I'm sorry I heard your conversation but understand one thing. I was not eavesdropping on your call," she said annoyed. I smiled, relieved. "Oh God Sana, you scared me to death," I said sighing. She stopped and glared at me. "Sidharth, get out of the kitchen please," she said. "Why? I'll help you wash the plates," I said. "No thanks. If I need help, I'll ask Sharad," she said making me frown. I dropped the plate back into the sink annoyed and went out. I met Sharad and held his hand, pulling him away from everyone else. Reaching the gate, he pulled away his hand asking me, "What are you doing?" I was furious and gritted my teeth. "Tell me the truth. What is going on between you and Sana?" I asked. He looked at me shocked. "Wait, you..." he started but I didn't want to hear an excuse, I wanted an answer. "Just answer the question," I said frustrated. He smirked at me and asked, "Are you jealous?" "Shut up. Answer me like a man," I said. "There is a relationship between us," he said. I dropped my shoulders. Feeling hurt, I asked, "Do you like her?" "Of course I do. If I accepted...." he was saying but I just stormed off home without listening. 

Sharad's P.O.V.

I was stunned to see Sidharth's reactions. He was flustered at the thoughts of Sana and I being together. I had never seen him like this before. I smiled and shook my head. "Sid, what have you done? You have fallen for my baby sister," I said. I chuckled and went back into the home. Sana came up to me asking, "What happened?" "Nothing. Come, let's go to the terrace, I have something to talk to you about," I said. Reaching the terrace, I looked over at Sidharth's balcony which was closed but the light was on in his room so he was awake. "What do you want to talk about?" She asked. I was waiting for Sidharth's shadow and as soon as I saw it on the curtain, I began tucking Sana's hair behind her ear. From the corner of my eyes, I saw Sidharth opening the balcony door. "What is it you wanted to talk about?" She asked. I had nothing to say and made an excuse. "I just wanted to apologise for yesterday again. I was worried about something else and it came out on you," I said. "Sharad, you called me your baby sister," she said. She held both my hands. "You are the elder brother I always wanted. Thank you," she said smiling. I ruffled her hair a bit and she pouted. As she was fixing it, I looked at Sidharth's room light off. I smirked. "What happen?" She asked and looked across to his house. "Nothing," I said, "Don't wake too late. You have to get up early tomorrow," I said. She nodded. As I was leaving, I thought to myself, "This is going to be so much fun making Sid jealous."