Part 16

Sidharth's P.O.V. 

As I reached the home later that evening, I sensed the tension in the air. Everyone were sitting with their faces hung with fear and worry. "What's wrong?" I asked Sharad. He simply shook his head and walked away. "Will someone explain to me what happened?" I asked. "Sana's carelessness almost ruined our home," Sharad said angrily. "Oh God Sharad, leave it now," Viren uncle said. "How can I forget it?" He said. "What did she do?" I asked. "She didn't pay attention to the pressure cooker and it exploded in the kitchen," he said angrily. "But, that's a genuine mistake. It's dangerous to use a pressure cooker if you have no experience," I said. "Then, how is that a mistake? If she knew that she doesn't know how to use it, then why use it?" He argued. "Sharad, calm down. Where is she? I'll go and talk to her," I said. "She spent the entire day in the kitchen, cleaning it," Roopa Maasi said. I went to the kitchen and tried opening the door but it was locked. Knocking, I called out to her, "Sana? Open the door. It's me." There was no verbal response but I heard noise from inside. I went to the window and looked at her. She was sitting on the floor and vigorously scrubbing it with a brush. I looked around and there were no signs of anything dirty in the kitchen. In fact, it was spic and span. "Sana, look at me," I said. "Leave me alone. I have work to do," she said. Her voice was hoarse. "Sana, the kitchen is clean. Look around," I said, "Open the door for me. I need to talk to you." "I don't need you to scold me to make me realise my mistake. Sharad already did that," she said. I gritted my teeth, annoyed at her stubbornness and shook my head. I took my shoes off and climbed through the window. As my foot hit the ground, I skid on the slippery floor and fell hard on my butt. "Ouch!" I exclaimed. I looked at Sana and she was amused. Slowly, her suppressed amusement began to turn into giggles and then laughter. Kneeling on the floor, she came to me asking, "Are you alright?" "I am alright but..." I said and held my butt. She burst out in a fit of laughter and it forced me to join in as well. 

She held her stomach and continued laughing while I looked at her thankful that she wasn't angry or sad anymore. She was so beautiful when she smiled and even more when she laughed. As her laughter rant came to a closing, she held my shoulders and said, "Come, get up." I stood up and held onto her hand. "Are you hurt anywhere else?" She asked. I shook my head smiling at her. She folded her lips in and turned around. As she took one step, she also slipped and came falling back but I held her up from hitting the ground. I could sense her body stiffen in tension and she looked at me startled and panting. I couldn't help but admire how cute she looked even if it was like this. She was definitely an all rounder in being beautiful. Her brown eyes were captivating and held onto mines without allowing me to let go. Her body was light and fitted perfectly in my grip. "Sidharth," she said softly. "Hmm..." I hummed. "Let me go," she said and broke my trance. I realised our position once more and teased her, "If I drop you you wouldn't fall flat?" I said slightly loosening my grip in a split second and tightening it back. Her sudden drop lower made her breathe more heavily and she grabbed onto my shoulders instead of my arms this time. I straightened my body and pulled her up on her feet. She crashed on my chest and my heart rate increased. I could only feel my heart paining as it tried to pump blood faster to control my anxiety. I held onto her waist and her fingers tightly, gripped my shirt. The atmosphere was beginning to heat up and I could feel myself on the verge of sweating a bit. She slowly moved away from me and tucked her hair behind her ear while looking away nervously. Her face was completely red with blushing and her eyes moved around everything but refused to come on me. The atmosphere was awkward. 

"I...umm...we...I mean you..." she stammered. "I'll get going. I'll see you tomorrow?" I said in a hopeful asking manner. She nodded. As I was walking to the door, I remembered and turned around saying, "I forgot to tell you." She turned around attentive and looked at me waiting. "Thanks for the breakfast. It was delicious," I said. She smiled and replied, "You're welcome." I left the kitchen smiling. Roopa Maasi asked me through her expressions what happened and I nodded reassuringly to her. She sighed and shook her head. "What will we have for dinner?" Viren uncle asked. "I think we should buy some more food from outside. Sana might be so tired and hungry. She haven't even had lunch," Roopa Maasi replied. I frowned and immediately got up worried. Without saying anything, I ran back into the kitchen and found her absent. I quickly ran to her room and found the door lock. I began banging my fist on the door shouting out her name. Through the window, I looked into the room but she wasn't there either. "Sid? What's wrong?" Sharad asked coming to me. "Sana haven't had anything since lunch time. If she remains hungry, her blood sugar levels could drop," I said worried. "This is my fault. I told her that she cannot eat until the kitchen is clean," he said. I looked at him irritated. "How could you...?" I started but stopped when I saw Sana coming out of the bathroom. I sighed and dropped my shoulders to see her fine. She looked at me confused and opened the door. "What's wrong?" She asked. I held her hand and dragged her to the kitchen forcibly. "Sidharth?" She said pulling away her hand, "What are you doing?" "Why haven't you eaten lunch? You know very well that it will affect your sugar levels and you will fall ill. Why can't you take care of yourself?" I scolded. I went to the cupboard and took out some glucose biscuits. "Here, eat these. I will make dinner tonight. You don't have to do anything," I said sternly. "Sid..." she started off but I cut her off loudly saying, "Eat!" She took the biscuit and bit it. I went to the fridge and took out some vegetables to cook while I supervised her eating in front of me.