Part 49

Sana's P.O.V. 

Monday was here and I woke up early to pack and attend to my client and go back home. Something was peaceful about today. I guess it was Sidharth on understanding me. But I knew that once more, I had hurt him badly. This time, perhaps even worse. But I needed to find myself and understand what I want. I bathed and got ready. I had breakfast with Abhi and then my clients arrived. I met them at the door and invited them inside. Sitting in the living room, we began discussing what they wanted to me and I gave them suggestions. "I think we can absolutely do exotic flowering around here and line the entire wall with..." I said explaining to them when Sidharth barged in saying, "Sana." I turned around and looked at him taken aback and he frowned embarrassed and said, "I'm sorry. I didn't know..." "It's ok. Just give me five minutes. Don't go. Just five," I said. He nodded and went back outside to wait. "Sorry about that," I said turning back to my clients, "As I was saying..." We continued on with the meeting and they agreed with all my ideas and decided to hire me as their landscaper. I was ecstatic to get my first clients. Standing up, I thanked them and they left. I sat back down and began cleaning the mess on the table when Sidharth came back inside. "Hey doc, let me just clean up this and we will talk," I said. "It's ok. I only came to say bye," he said. I froze. Standing up, I turned to him and anxiety began to flow in. "I know that I can't stop you from leaving and neither can I bear to see you go once more so I thought that I won't be there when you are going. And I know that I had to meet you this time before you leave so I came to say good luck and good bye," he said. I knew this moment was inevitable but I what I wasn't expecting was for it to feel this wrong. 

Until this morning, I was feeling a bit disheartened but not completely hurt. Sidharth's good bye is making me scared. He smiled and stepped closer to me. Holding my shoulders, he kissed my forehead and said, "Wherever you are, whatever you are doing and however you are, I will always love you and I will always be proud of you." "Your level of maturity is making me feel stupid," I said. He chuckled and caressed my cheek saying, "I wish I was ten percent as brave as you. But I am scared of losing you still." I took a deep breath and sighed. "Sidharth, this isn't our last meeting. I promise you that we will meet again and very soon," I said. Smiling, he stepped back saying, "I'll wait. Bye Sana." As he was moving further away from me, my fright built up higher. Today, in a true sense I am feeling what it is like losing the person you love the most. Unfortunately, my voice didn't support me and he left before I could say anything or stop him. I felt empty standing there alone and sat down, with tears forming in my eyes. Abhi came to me and sat beside me. Sighing, he said, "Do you feel it? That feeling of the person you love the most in the world going away from you and you can't do anything to stop them." "What are you talking about?" I said. "I might not be the best at this whole relationship thing but I know true love when I see it. And if what Sidharth and you feel for each other is not true love then I don't know what is," he said. I frowned and said, "It's too late now." "If I have learnt something over this weekend, it's that it's never too late in love but it surely gets too late in life. Do you want to end up all alone like everyone in that home one day? Sidharth wants a family with you and you know that this will fill every empty spot in your life. Your career has taken off already. Think personal now. You won't get another person like him and he like you," he said. 

I got up and went to my room and locked my door. I began packing out my stuff and as our flight time came closer, I left my room with my belongings. Abhi was also ready to leave with his things. We packed them in the car and went to the home to bid goodbye. Everyone hugged us and thanked us for coming. Although Sidharth told me that he wasn't going to be here to see me off, I still looked for him. "He isn't here," Sharad said to me frowning disappointed. Roopaji was also looking at me as if I was making a huge mistake by leaving. "Are you ready?" I asked Abhi. He nodded. "I'll call you once I land," I said. I sat in the car and left. As we reached the airport and I was checking in, I remembered everyone's faces. Sidharth's words came to me and it echoed in my head. I really felt as if I was going to lose him forever. I disappointed everyone in me and I didn't want to leave without patching up things. I halted and stared into space, thinking about what I was actually doing. When did I get so selfish? How can I make the decision so easily to leave everything behind and go away for what? I knew myself and I knew what I wanted so why was I not listening to me? Why am I defying myself? "Sana," Abhi said coming back to me, "What's wrong?" "I don't know. Something doesn't feel right," I said. He took my ticket and ripped it into pieces and asked, "Does it now?" It did because it made me feel lighter and smile. "Go before its too late. Tell him that you aren't going to London because I am absolutely not carrying you with me now," he said. I smiled and asked, "Will you wait one hour for me?" Smiling, he rested his hand on my head and nodded saying, "Go." I turned around and ran out of the airport. Getting into the car, I drove back to the home. The entire way, I smiled finally knowing fully what I wanted. I don't know what I was blinded by but now that everything was clear, I could only see my future with Sidharth.