Part 30

Sana's P.O.V. 

I looked at Sidharth as he held me in his arms. "Sharad, if you want to play, then be careful, Sana is hurt," Roopaji scolded. God knows why Sidharth kept holding onto me and seemed to never want to let go. Being with him wasn't a bad place to be in as well. I could spend my life being beside him. "Sana," Mom said coming to me. She helped me stand up and Sidharth got up. "Sorry, are you hurt anywhere?" He asked looking at me. "Can I get hurt anywhere when you are with me?" I asked with a small smile. "I think we should call it a night," Roopaji said, "Sana also needs to rest and it's getting late." "You're right. Come Sana, I'll walk you across," Mom said. As we reached the gate, we heard something and turned around to see Roopaji pulling Sharad and Sidharth's ears saying, "What were you two racing for?" "Ouch! Maasi, let go it hurts," Sidharth said. She let go and they rubbed their ears like little children. "It's not my fault. He went behind my back and recorded me," Sidharth said pouting. "So? You won't say what you told me again so I had to," he said. I shook my head and went with Mom. As she was leaving me, her phone rang and she frowned. "What's wrong?" I asked. She smiled and me and shook her head saying, "Nothing to worry about. Relax and go to sleep. I'll see you tomorrow." I nodded, still unconvinced but sat on my bed. Sidharth came with a first aid box and smiled at the door. "I'm leaving. She's all yours now," Mom said making me feel shy. "Good night aunty," he said smiling. Mom left and he came and sat with me. "I have to change your dressing," he said. He came closer and closer to me and wrapped his arms around me. 

Slowly, he untied the bandage around my head and I inhaled his scent. My insides were trembling as they recently started whenever he was close to me. He moved a few inches away from me but our faces were still close. So close that our eyes could reach nothing else other than each other's. His eyes were filled with passion and an intensity for something. It made me slightly tremble a bit more and my stomach was turning upside down with the closeness. My nerves were going haywire and my body felt numb. He moved away from me and began cleaning my wound as I simply looked at him. Many accidents were bringing us closer physically in the past few days and my body and mind never stopped being surprised at the new feeling awakening with them. The closer we got to each other made me crave for more and the harder and longer the distance felt. "What are you thinking?" He asked. "Do you feel different?" I asked. "How different?" He asked. "Different as in, you are yearning for something unknown," I said. He looked into my eyes and said, "What I am yearning for is something known to me. What are you yearning for?" "I don't know. Maybe the picture and feeling is still too vague. But at the same time, it seems so clear what I want," I said unable to describe this feeling. "Sana, don't over think. You don't have to put pressure on your head," he said taping some cotton on my wound. "Good, all done," he said packing up his kit. "Tomorrow, I'll get an appointment with another doctor to check you out," he said. "Another doctor? Why?" I asked confused. "You might not be too comfortable with me doing it," he said. "What?" I asked. "Well, we have to check if your ribs are curing so..." he said. After a pause, I said, "So...?" He sighed and said, "You might have to show off...your..." 

His suspense creating skills were getting the better of me and I asked, "Show off my what?" "Belly," he said. I dropped my shoulders and sighed, rolling my eyes. "Sidharth, you are impossible. You scared me," I said punching his arm, "Why do I need another doctor to check me? You can check me right here." He looked at me with his face getting red. He avoided looking at me and played with his fingers. "Wait here," I said and got up. "Where are you going?" He asked. "To change," I said. "Then, I'll wait outside," he said. "Relax. I'll change in the bathroom," I said. I got my night clothes and went to the bathroom. After struggling with one hand, I managed to unzip my dress and change my clothes by myself. I went back to see Sidharth still sitting on my bed. I went back and sat with him. "Here, check me," I said. He looked at me taken aback. "Listen, don't get any wrong ideas in your perverted brain. I am your patient alone," I said. He smiled. "Are you sure you are comfortable with this? Because I can carry you for an X-ray or to see a female doctor," he said. "Are you uncomfortable?" I asked. "I'm a doctor," he said and looked at me silently. "Sidharth, if I can trust you with my life, I can trust you with anything else, right?" I said, "I am living in your house. If I didn't trust you, I wouldn't have agreed to be here with you alone, right? I know that you don't have any perverted intentions towards me." He was silent. Holding my shoulders, he said, "Try to keep your back straight." I straightened my spine and my heart began beating faster. His hands hesitated to come to me. He kept gulping his saliva and looking away. I took his hand and held it. It was cold. "Sidharth, if you aren't comfortable then, I'll go with you tomorrow to see a doctor or get an X-ray," I said. He held my hand and looked at me confidently.