Part 33

Sidharth's P.O.V. 

After seeing how beautiful Sana was looking, I felt a bit insecure. People at the temple, mainly boys, might want to talk to her and get to know her. My jealousy was getting the better of me and I quickly left breakfast and ran to bathe and get ready. I left my hair soaking wet as I didn't have time to dry it, wore a jeans and shirt and grabbed my car keys. I rushed out of the house and drove to the temple. Reaching, I pushed my hand into my pockets for a handkerchief but realised that I left my phone, wallet, watch and handkerchief at home. I spotted a couple a little way from me and recognised the man. He was a regular patient of mine and I decided to ask him for help. I went to him and greeted them. "Doctor, you are here?" He asked surprised. "I actually wanted to ask you for a small favour," I said. "Sure, tell me," he said. "By chance, do you have an extra handkerchief? Actually, I left home in such a hurry, I forgot everything," I said. "I don't have an extra one. But, I can lend you some money to buy one," he said. "That would be great. I promise I will pay you back," I said. He took out his wallet and lent me some money. "Thank you, thank you so much," I said and rushed to a vendor just outside the temple. I bought a handkerchief and covered my head before going inside. I looked around and spotted everyone. Sana was standing alone in one corner and I smiled. As I was walking towards her, a man went up to her and I stopped. He began talking to her and she smiled and talked back. I frowned. A little bit annoyed that she didn't listen to me, I went up to them and she looked at me, shocked. I glared at the young man. "Excuse me," he said, "Do I know you?" I looked at Sana. "Do you know him?" I asked. "He is..." she started but I turned to the guy. "You can go now," I said. He frowned at me. "I was only telling her that..." he said but I cut him off saying, "Get going." 

"Sidharth, what are you doing?" Sana asked. "What are you doing? Don't you remember what I said?" I asked. I looked back at the boy and said, "You're still here?" Sana rolled her eyes and shook her head. Looking at the guy, she said smiling, "That was really nice of you. Thank you very much." "You're welcome. If you want, we can exchange numbers to talk more about it," he said. "Numbers? Why? What do you have to talk about?" I asked. Sana frowned at me and then smiled at him saying, "Sure, give me your phone and I'll give you my number." I was surprised at her. She took the guy's phone and punched her number in and handed it back to her. I gritted my teeth, very annoyed at her. Smiling from ear to ear, the guy said, "Thank you so much. I'll keep in touch with you now." "Of course," she said. She looked at me with mischief in her eyes. Perhaps she knew that I didn't like what was happening and as the boy turned around to leave, she held back his hand, stopping him, "Nikhil." He looked back at her. "Let's lock this new union with a hug," she said. My annoyance turned to fury. As the guy was shyly stepping closer to her, I came between them and stood. "Sidharth, move," she said. I turned to her and grabbed her hand. Without saying anything, I pulled her out of the temple and stood in the parking lot. Unable to control my anger, I shouted at her, "Are you insane? What were you doing back there?" She smiled and leaned against my car saying casually, "What's wrong? I was only going to hug him." "Hug him? How well do you know him to hug him?" I said. "We will get to know each other. I gave him my phone number. He will call me," she said. "Sana," I said going up to her, "If you're doing this to make me jealous then you're putting yourself in trouble." "Why would I want to make you jealous? And why would you be jealous? I thought you were only being protective of me because I am your patient," she said. 

Sharad and the others came out of the temple and looked at me surprised. "Sid, what are you doing here?" Sharad asked. "Why? I can't come here?" I asked annoyed. "No, you can but, if you wanted to come, why didn't you come with us?" He said. "Because I have my own car," I said. "Ok. Come Sana, let's go back now," he said. Sana smirked at me, ignored my glare and was about to leave when I held back her hand and stopped her. "You all can go back. I'll bring Sana," I said. "Sana?" Sharad asked. She nodded. She better listen to me! "Ok," he said and they left in the bus. "Let's go," Sana said. As she opened the door to enter the car, I closed it. "We weren't done yet," I said. "Sidharth, let's talk over breakfast, ok? I'm very hungry," she said and opened the door. She got inside and her calmness at this situation made me even more uncomfortable and insecure. As I was going to the driver's seat, I spotted some men looking at us, or rather, Sana and whispering to themselves. They didn't look decent so I didn't expect their comments amongst themselves to be decent either. "Hey!" I said angrily, going up to them, "What are you looking at huh?" Sana got out the car quickly and stopped me. "Sidharth, let's go," she said pulling me back. I shot a death glare at them and got into the car. "See, this is what I am talking about," I said, "Every man's eyes are on you." "I know, I'm gorgeous," she said, "Even in the city, everywhere I go, eyes follow me desperately." "This is not your city. This is our town," I said starting the car and leaving. "I admit, but men will be men, right? They will look at a beautiful girl," she said. "I'll buy a burqa for you," I said speeding the car. "I'll rock that as well," she said. 

I muttered insults under my breath for every perverted guy that ever looked at Sana. Especially, that Nikhil. He even got her number. I'll have to take away her phone before he calls her. "Tell me one thing," she said. "No," I said. "I still ask anyways. What had gotten into you at the temple? You were acting like you will punch Nikhil any time," she said. "I don't need to explain my actions to you," I said. "Yes. Because, you almost spoiled everything," she said. I mashed the brakes and stopped the car with a loud screech. My grip on the steering wheel tightened as I thought about what she just said. "Give me your phone," I said looking at her. "Why?" She asked. "Don't ask questions, give me," I said. "No," she said. I unbuckled my seat belt and went closer to her, struggling to get her phone. "Sana, give me your phone," I said. "No," she said giggling. Giving up, I sat back straight and sighed. I started back the car and drove home. She went inside and looked at our breakfast on the table, all open and left there. "Didn't you cover the food?" She asked frowning. "No," I said. My phone was ringing in the kitchen where I left it. She shook her head and went to the kitchen. She took the bread and peanut butter and sat at the table. I took my phone and went through all the missed calls. The majority of them were patients but one was Dr. Sharma, Sana's doctor. I returned his call and went to my room. Something kept pricking me in my pocket and I took it out to find Sana's earring. It must have fell into my pocket when we were in the car. I spoke to Dr. Sharma and he asked me about Sana's improvement. I told him everything and he said that we have to get a X-ray done to see her progress properly. I agreed. "Ok, I'll see you tomorrow then," he said. "Bye," I said and hung up. I went outside and Sana wasn't there. 

I went to her room and entered without knocking to see her struggling with one hand. The strings at the back of her suit were untied. I went up to her slowly and moved her hair off her back. She froze and whsipered, "It's ok." "Shh..." I hushed her and lightly brushed my fingers on her bare back. I tied the strings for her but couldn't find myself going away. In fact, I was being pulled closer and closer to her. I looked at her ear, missing the earring and put it back on for her. I kissed right under her ear and she shivered. Joining her body with mine, she turned around and embraced me, tightly. "Don't ever do this to me again. Only I have the right to hug you, to touch you, to feel you, don't give my right to anyone else," I said. Everything was over as soon as I blinked my eyes and I found myself standing at the door still. Sana was trying to hold the strings and I went up to her. I removed her hair from her back and she turned around, startled. "I'll help you," I said. "It's ok. I'll call Roopaji," she said shyly. "Don't be childish. I'll help you," I said. She bent her head and tucked her hair behind her ear. I took the initiative and went closer to her. Wrapping my arms around her, I tied the strings as she lowered her head in front me. I held her shoulders and raised her chin up. She looked at me with a frown. "I'm sorry I shouted at you earlier. I was only looking out for you," I said. "Why?" She asked. "Because..." I started but stopped from giving her the real answer, "Because I care about you." She smiled and tucked her hair behind her ear but felt her ear and frowned. "My earring," she said scared. She began spinning around and looking on the ground. "Help me look for it," she said frowning. I pushed my hand into my pocket and thought about giving it to her but went against the idea. I held onto it and looked at her, searching. "Where is it?" She asked herself. "Wear another one," I said. "No! I want my earring back," she said pouting. 

"Sana, you have so many other pairs. Wear one and come quickly, we have to go to the clinic," I said leaving her room, still holding onto the earring in my pocket. Smiling, I stopped and looked back at her. She stood, frowning and holding her ear. She was too cute. I went down and opened the clinic. Soon after, she came, wearing a different pair of earrings. "You look nice," I said. I went into my office and she followed me with a long face. Wearing my coat and stethoscope, I said, "Stop sulking. You look better than before." "That was my favourite jhumka," she said. I sighed and shook my head. "Will you stop the entire day for it?" I asked. Looking at me angrily childish, she said, "You won't understand." She scoffed, turned around and left. I was amused, totally. She was indeed too cute. I turned on my computer and typed in my password as my first patient came in.

___________________

Hey guys! Hope you enjoyed that update! Once more, we completed another 1000+ reads! Here's to one more! Please vote, comment and share my story! Until next time! Bye!