Part 44

Sana's P.O.V. 

At the party, I walked around, absolutely bored to death. Mom was with other ladies chatting and I stood in a corner, alone. This is the reason I always avoided these parties and dinners. They are so boring. I sighed and patiently waited for dinner to be served as I sipped on some water. "Sana," Mom said coming to me, "What are you doing here all by yourself?" "I'm fine Mom," I said. "You are getting bored, aren't you?" She asked. "I'm fine, really. Don't worry about me," I said. "Ok, come, let's have dinner and we will go back home," she said. I nodded. I ate with her and then went back home. "Hi Abhi," I said answering my phone. "Hey, I'm coming to pick you up in twenty minutes. Be ready," he said. "I..." I said but he hung up. I dropped my shoulders, not feeling at all to go anywhere. After some minutes, he came but I was already changed into my sleeping clothes. Looking at me, he said, "I told you to get ready." "I know but, I'm really not feeling like going out," I said sitting in the living room. "What is this about Sana?" He asked sitting next to me. "I'm just not feeling like going anywhere," I said. "No, it's not that. You have completely changed ever since you came back. What is really the matter?" He asked. I frowned. How long will I hide the truth about Sidharth to him? He's my best friend and he deserves to know. "I am in love," I said, "And I am also heartbroken." "You met someone there, didn't you?" He asked. I nodded. "Who?" He asked. "Sidharth," I said. "The doctor?" He asked. "Yeah," I said. He sighed saying, "So, you're in love with him?" I nodded. "And why are you heartbroken?" He asked. "Because I broke his heart. I asked him to come back with me here and he doesn't want to leave his home. He thinks that because I hid my plan from him of coming back was deceiving him and I don't blame him. I should have told him the truth from the very beginning of this relationship," I said. 

"Does he love you that much?" He asked. "You have no idea," I said. "Now what are you going to do?" He asked. "I don't know. All of this time I didn't want to fall in love and now, I can't fall out. I don't want to forget him. I love him. But our priorities are too different," I said. "Sana, in your situation, I don't know what exactly to say but I think you both are over thinking the future a bit too much. Call him and talk to him. Clear up whatever misunderstandings you both have and try to work something out," he said. "But he told me already that he doesn't even want to see my face," I said. "That was his ego. A man's ego. Don't you have ego as well?" He said. "I don't," I said. "Then, call him and fix it," he said. Maybe he was right. Our egos were blocking our paths and that was about the whole problem. We know that we love each other but we are waiting for the other to apologise to satisfy our own egos. I smiled and looked at him. "I love you," I said pouting. "I love you too shorty," he said. I hugged him. "Are you still not coming with me?" He asked. I broke the hug and said, "No. I'm not." "All of my hardwork goes down the drain," he said. "Carry a Monday or Tuesday with you," I said. We both burst out into laughter. We sat and looked at a movie together with popcorn and some ice cream. Again, eating the sugar free ice cream reminded me of Sidharth. I smiled.

For the next few days, I went to work with Mom everyday and I even began the planning of my new business. I already attended meetings with investors and got approval from the board of directors. My career life was going uphill steadily while my personal life stayed stagnant. Every night I would lie in my bed and think about Sidharth. I would pick up my phone to call him but refrain from doing it. About two weeks had already passed since I returned home and I spoke to everyone back there almost everyday. Whatever I practiced there, I continued it here. One night, I was sitting with my laptop doing some work when Sharad called me. "Hey," he said. "Hi," I said. "So, Roopaji's birthday is coming up in a few days and she is adamant on calling you here to celebrate it," he said. "For sure, when is it?" I asked. "Saturday," he said. "You won't believe this. I was coming to Amritsar on Monday for a meeting," I said. "That's awesome, then you can just prepone your plans and come Friday," he said, "More time to spend with us." "I know. I am missing everyone so much," I said. "And Sidharth?" He asked. "Him the most," I said. "One thing though, there is something that I need to tell you about," he said. "What?" I asked. He was silent. "Sharad," I said. "Sidharth announced that he wanted to get engaged to his new secretary, Bani," he said. I was dumbfounded. I felt as if someone ripped my heart out of my chest and marinated it with the spiciest pepper and salt and pushed it back into me. My heart broke and it came through as tears in my eyes. "But I'm sure once he sees you, he will change his decision. You just need to come back and talk to him," he said. "When..." I said with my voice breaking, "When did he announce...that?" "Only this morning," he said, "You have to come back Sana. You have to stop this from happening otherwise everyone's lives will be destroyed. No one will escape, not Sidharth, not Bani and not you. You have to come back." 

I hung up the phone, not being able to hear anymore and cried. Laying on my bed, I buried my face in my pillow and allowed my tears to soak in. No one could understand how I was feeling. I felt betrayed and cheated. All the things that Sidharth said and promised me to only love me and that he didn't want anyone else in his life all suddenly felt like a big lie. I felt stupid and cursed myself for loving him as much as I did. He didn't even take two weeks to move on from me and here I am, promising to only love him alone all my life. I sat up on my bed and hugged my pillow. "I hate you Sidharth. I hate you. You turned out to be the complete opposite of who I thought you would be. You're a liar. I hate you," I said as I looked at my phone. I got out of my bed and drove to Abhi's house. Sitting in his room, I explained everything to him. "So, what are you going to do now? Are you still going?" He asked. "Of course I am. I promised Roopaji a few days ago that I will celebrate her birthday with her. I am not a promise breaker like he is. And also, I have to go for my meeting," I said. "Will you be ok?" He asked. "Will you come with me?" I asked. He opened out his arms and I hugged him. My tears began to flow again. "Of course I will," he said. "Thank you," I said hugging him tighter. "Do you want me to drop you home?" He asked. I nodded. He drove me home and I sat in the car, depressed. "Don't think about it too much. If he doesn't know what he's losing then that's not your fault. He will pay for this one day for sure," he said. I got out and went inside. 

As Friday came closer, I got more and more depressed. My heart wasn't allowing me to concentrate on my work and this led to irritation and angry that came out on the staff and everyone around me. There were rumours going around the office that the old Sana was back and even worse than before. I wasn't being able to control my emotions and hurt. Nevertheless, Friday came in the blink of an eye and before I knew it, I was heading to Amritsar with Abhi for the weekend. "I am going to London for a few months. If you want, you can come with me. It will help you clear your head a bit and hopefully, you can forget everything here," Abhi suggested. He was trying very hard to make me happy and smile like before but it just seemed impossible. "I'll think about it," I said looking out the plane window. "Will you try and talk to Sidharth when you get there?" He asked. I frowned and looked at him. "I have nothing to say to him," I said sternly. When I left Amritsar, he didn't want to see my face and now that I was going back, I didn't want him coming in front me. We landed and got into the car and went to my house. I decided to remain with Abhi here since he didn't know much about this place. Also, if I remained in the home, there is a high chance of bouncing into Sidharth which I didn't want. "Do you want to remain here and rest or are you coming with me to meet everyone?" I asked. "I'm not letting you go there alone. Of course I'm coming with you," he said. I turned on my phone and rested it on the table saying, "Ok. Take a bath if you want and get ready, we will eat dinner out as well." We went into our rooms and came back out dressed. "Ready?" I asked. He nodded. I took the keys from the driver to drive myself but Abhi insisted on driving. In the end, I gave him the keys and we left. He followed my directions and we reached. 

Sidharth's P.O.V. 

It was Friday and I knew Sana was coming for Maasi's birthday since Sharad told me. I also announced my engagement with Bani but deep down in my heart, I knew that Sana was the only one I ever wanted. I don't even know why I ever said yes to Bani's parents for marriage but it turns out that her father was one of the biggest surgeons in the country and Mom promised him a long time ago that one day they will get their children married. That's why Bani came to me for the job and since I was extremely angry with Sana and hurt, I thought that if she knew what she was leaving for her life back in the city, she will realise her mistake and admit it. I already explained to Bani about my plan to make Sana jealous so that she returns to me and she agreed. She understood my love for Sana and decided that she will help me and also explain everything to her parents. I knew that Sana must be very hurt deep down and must be hating me but I had to take this chance. I was sitting in the courtyard of the home with Bani, waiting for her to come. With every passing minute, my anxiousness grew and Bani held my hand. Everyone were a bit irritated with me because of this but I know that when Sana and I get together, they will understand and be happy. I might be selfish in what I am doing but being away from Sana made me come to the conclusion that I will do anything to get her back in my life, even if it means making her a bit jealous. 

__________________

Hey guys! Hope you enjoyed that update! I am making this early update since I won't be able to at my usual time today. Please vote, comment and share my story! Until next time! Bye!