Part 28

Sidharth's P.O.V. 

With the help with Roopa Maasi, I cleaned the guest room for Sana and shifted her stuff to my house. Neha and Mrs. Singh tried talking to me but I was in no mood to listen. I even fired Neha from being my secretary and although I know my work will get very messy, I did not want her around Sana or me. I will eventually get a new one. Once Sana is with me, I will restart my appointments. I went to the hospital and brought her home. Her mother came also. Getting out the car, she smiled and looked around. "I missed this place," she said sighing. "Come," I said holding her hand. We entered the house and I escorted her to a couch in the living room. "I'll be back," I said and went to the kitchen. I brought some water for everyone and offered it to her mother. "You have a very nice and cozy home," she said looking around. "Thank you," I said. "I think I should head home now. It's quite late and Sana needs to rest," she said. "Mom, I don't see why you are canceling all of your meetings to stay here. I'm fine and out of the hospital now. You can go home," Sana said. "We will talk about this later. Not right now. I'll see you tomorrow," she said hugging her. "I'll walk you out," I said getting up. "No, I'm fine. Thanks. Take care," she said. I sat back down and it was only us now. Looking at Sana, it felt a bit awkward since we were home. "I'm hungry," she said. "What do you want to eat?" I asked. "Noddles," she said excited. "Ok, but only this one time," I said and went to the kitchen. I cooked a pack of instant noodles and brought it back for her. Sitting next to her, I took the fork and fed her. "Wow doc, you can cook as well," she said. Her mouth began to get messy and I rested the bowl down and used my thumb to keep up her lips. She stared at me. "I have to tell you something," she said. "Yes," I said. "I...I..." she stammered as I could feel her trembling. Before she could complete, someone rang the door bell. I sighed and moved back. I didn't even realise how close to her I was. I went and opened the door to see Sharad with a tiffin box. 

Frowning at him, I asked, "What is it?" "I brought dinner," he said smiling. "Thank you," I said taking the tiffin from him and was about to close the door but he held it back. "What's wrong?" He asked. "Nothing. Good night," I said but he barged inside. "Hi," he said to Sana sitting on the couch. I gritted my teeth and rolled my eyes at him as I closed the door and went to the kitchen. "How are you feeling?" He asked sitting where I had previously. He took the bowl of noodles and went on to feed her. I looked at him through from the kitchen, annoyed. I could see his smirk as he fed her. "Sharad," I said going to them. I took away the bowl of noodles from him. "I think it's quite late. You should go. Sana also needs to rest," I said. "No, I'm fine. I haven't sat and talked to Sharad like this for such a long while. Let him stay a bit," Sana said. "No! You have to go to bed. And I'm sure Sharad has work to do," I said. "Sidharth, it's nine o' clock. What work do I have?" He asked looking amused. My arguments were cut short. "Fine, sit and talk. I'm going to sleep," I said and rested the bowl down. I went to my room and closed the door. Standing right there, I joined my ear against the door and listened to everything they were saying. "What in the world has gotten into him?" Sharad said. "He's playing the strict doctor nowadays," Sana said. I was in awe. They were ill speaking me behind my back. "Sana, I think you have to be a bit careful. Next thing you know, he will chain you down to a hospital bed and never let you go," Sharad said. This Sharad! "Are you hungry? Do you want me to feed you more?" He asked. "No, I'm actually sleepy. I'll just go in my room," she said. I smiled. "Great! I'll carry you," he said. Sana won't agree to this. "Sure," she said. I frowned. I heard them get up and I quickly rushed out of the room. They both looked at me taken aback.

"I thought you went to sleep," Sharad said. "I just remembered that I have to carry Sana to her room," I said. "It's ok. I'm carrying her. Go back to sleep," he said. He placed his arm around her and was walking past me when I went and stopped in front them. I glared at Sharad. "I really think that it's time for you to go now. Leave Sana to me," I said. "But Sid..." he said. I took his hand off Sana's shoulder and forcefully walked him to the door. Pushing him outside, he turned around and smirked at me. "Good night," I said and slammed the door and locked it. I went back to Sana standing in the same spot. I frowned at her after what she just did. "What is wrong with you? You are inviting any guy to carry you to your room?" I scolded. Her jaw dropped and she said, "He is Sharad. He isn't any guy." "Still! You shouldn't allow that to happen," I said. "Fine," she said raising her hand up, "You win. I'm going to my room." As she turned around, she bounced into a small cupboard and I ran to her saying, "Be careful." She pouted angrily at me. "Come, I'll carry you to your room," I said gently pulling her closer to me. "No thanks. I am not allowing any guy to carry me to my room," she spat with her eyes narrowed. My words backfired at me. "I am different," I said. "How so?" She asked. "I..." I started but didn't have anything to say to complete it. She raised her eyebrow at me and waited. "Well, I am the owner of this house and my rules will work here. So, you have to obey," I said. "Please, huh, don't play bossy with me. I know that I am the only one that can make you go speechless," she said pushing my hand off of her shoulder. I walked closely behind her as she went into the room. She sat on the bed and took off her slippers. I helped her raise her feet onto the bed and pulled the blanket over her. I got a small pillow for her hand so that it doesn't strain too much.