𝗴𝗼𝗱

i've been wanting to do this for a long time so heres a greek god au. this is not at all accurate from any kind of mythology, just my take on how'd they'd be as these gods <3 only a bit suggestive. ive been into romantic poetic esque sounding things so def some of that too.

also there's a reference to one of the other chapters in this book if you can spot them ;)

•   •   •   •

PEIN

the white silk tunic layered elegantly over pein's skin, fingers delicately tugging the fabric over his shoulders. his bright hair was still tousled from sleep, eyes blinking slowly. taking a seat beside where you laid on the bed, one of his fingers trailed gently over your cheek.

your eyes fluttered open, gazing into his own tiredly. you sat up, pressing your bare shoulder against his own, warmth exchanging between your skin.

"good morning, my love." pein's calloused palm met your back, smoothing over the soft skin.

a smile crossed your face, leaning into his neck were you pressed your lips against his skin, dotting over the fading marks from before. his hair tickled your cheeks, drawing a hum from him as you twirled it in your fingertips.

"another day ahead of you to run olympus."

pein inhaled deeply, letting out a sigh as your kissed trailed up towards his cheeks, over his ears and across his jaw. "another day to deal with my foolish brothers."

a sigh left him as your fingers turned his jaw, leading his lips towards yours. his lips caress your own softly, his hand threading through your uncombed hair. when he parts, he sighs into your mouth, turning to place a kiss to just outside the corner of your mouth.

his purple eyes meet your own, tucking your hair behind your ear and raising from his place on the bed. holding out his hand, he helps you from the bed and brings you into his arms, pressing his forehead to yours.

"come, get ready. ive laid out something special for you. we have guests arriving soon."

of course, how could you forget? pein had planned a special day in honor of your union, the first day you had admitted your love for one another. with a giddy smile you parted from him, hurrying into the clothing chambers to see what he had laid out for you.

a grin covered your face at the sight of a deep red dress laid atop a small cushion in the center of the room. the fabric was soft, flowing down your limbs elegantly. a golden coil of leaves laid delicately atop your hair, the rest of your body adorned with gold and jewel, at the hands of your wonderful lover.

as you descended the grand staircase pein's eyes landed on your figure, and small spark of electricity connected your fingertips and the railing.

when his hand connected with yours a small spark dissipated, and he led you into the foyer, where the other olympians and friends were awaiting your arrival. pein raised his staff, lightning flashing through the room with a booming roar. everyone went silent, turning their attention towards you and pein.

"let the celebration of the shared love between [y/n] and i commence."

zeus