𝗳𝗹𝗶𝗿𝘁

in which they/u use a pick up line on them/u ;)

also hey lol not dead just depressed

•   •   •   •

PEIN

pein had been very quiet today. not that he wasn't ever quiet, but he would usually ask an occasional question or check up on the work you were doing. but as the two of you sat at his desk for the past three hours consecutively, he has said almost nothing.

of course he would him and acknowledge you, but one worded answers only made you anxious. usually when he worked too much or was upset with something he would behave the same way. which in turn made you wonder if there was something that had happened today.

in reality, pein had been trying to work up the courage to say something that had been on his mind all day. it was just a stupid bet really, but it made him wonder what kind of cute reaction you would have. konan had teased him about his seeming lack of affection towards you, and said she wondered if pick up lines would ever work on you, considering there had to be some way for you to be interested in him. however it definitely wasn't a pickup line.

"[y/n]," your head snapped up, thinking frantically about what he could possibly say.

"i've never believed in love at first sight, but then i saw you."

the room was quiet for a few moments, and you sat absolutely stunned silent. had he really just said that? before you knew it, a smile was spreading across your face, flushing with heat as you moved to wrap your arms around his midsection.

"pein, where did that come from?" you giggled, watching his face turn pink as he avoided looking in your eyes.

"just a bet.."

"aww, it was so cute!"

KONAN

this was not the best time konan could have said something like this. in the middle of a highly dangerous bounty with just the two of you, running from potentially dangerous shinobi with a dead body in your hold was probably the least romantic.

but somehow, in the midst of your escape with konan, sprinting through the forest on the way to deliver the bounty without being caught, she attempted to flirt with you.

a single line. usually, her affection and loving words came in more poetic forms, even in the form of her origami. however whatever spurred her on seemed to take effect quickly, but it was probably the kisses she was stealing from you before the two of you confronted the bounty.

she was out of breath, sweaty, and a large smile on her face as her eyes shined. the line almost sent you into a frozen state of shock, but neither of you could afford to stop moving so you had to push through the embarrassment and cheesiness of her verbal affection towards you. it brought a smile to your face nonetheless, but it was so poorly timed. at least it added something light to the situation that was running away from people who intended to kill you.

the line that had caused such a change in the atmosphere was so simple, but so out of place in the moment; "what does it feel like to be the most gorgeous fugitive running from every village shinobi to exist?"