𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗿𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗿

this is the final of the original three part, but don't forget there's still two more after this :)

hey uh you guys should give me requests lol because i want to know what you guys want to read from me so don't be afraid to ask

btw this will have mentions of sexual activity but nothing strong and of course theres gonna be some strong cursing, also kind of puppet suicide

also lowkey wanna do a kakashi ff but i have others to focus on :') AND i finished my essay

i do not promote forgiving cheaters or toxic partners in general, it is entirely up to the person who was cheated on to make a decision but for the sake of the story, here you guys go

this shit is l o n g

also also lets please pretend yahiko is not nagato :')

• • • •

» pein «

staring blankly forward, the energetic blonde gave you a bright smile as tatsumi smiled sheepishly.

"naruto? what are you doing here? how do you know tatsumi?"

said blonde began to rant loudly, something about helping rebuild, a giant toad bringing him here, and much more you couldn't be bothered to listen to.

as the days passed, you came to realize how sad you actually were.

how much you missed pein, and how deeply his betrayal had truly cut you. it just seemed like all the moments were passing by and you were only, just alive.

"[y/n]? hey!"

snapping back to the moment, you gave naruto a graceful smile, watching as his cheeks flushed.

"i think i have some things to do today."

he grumbled, nodding and muttering under his breath as he walked away. when you began to leave tatsumi sent you a worried smile.

"are you feeling well [y/n]-chan? if you don't mind, i'd like to have lunch with you."

suddenly, you were pulling him behind you, catching a kunai in your fingertips. he immediately became defensive, but you only held your hand up as a sign of silence and gave him a small smile.

"let me handle it. i don't think i'll make it for lunch."

and despite his calls and protests, you went into the woods where the kunai had been thrown.

as sure as you had been, you found pein waiting in the trees, gazing down at you with an unreadable expression.

he jumped down, landing quietly in front of you.

your heart had started beating faster at the sight of him, much to your dismay. after a moment, his hand delicately cupped your face and you leaned into his touch.

"[y/n].."

without even realizing it, tears were gathering in your eyes as he gazed at you tenderly.