𝗮𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻

•   •   •   •

PEIN

it wasn't often that you let your new habit of being the caretaker of the base get in the way of your time with pein. however, today, you would have to make an exception. 

since the base was already spotless, save for everyone's individual rooms, you had decided you would do a little bit of preparing for the week. this meant gathering new supplies to clean to remain stocked up, and you had intended to prep some meat and produce you'd gotten from the market. your parents had prepared you to be a homemaker before their death, and you had pursued your dream of becoming a shinobi soon after. 

"[y/n]," pein said, watching you barely spare him a glance as you began rolling out the dough from the bread you intended to bake. he wasn't used to the lack of attention from members of the akatsuki, in fact, his very presence demanded the attention of everyone in the vicinity when their gaze fell upon him. 

he made his way over to you, letting you finish up putting your dough away in a bowl to let it rise, and then his fingers gently wrapped around your wrist, tugging you to face him. 

"did you intend to ignore the presence of your leader and his requests until you finished your personal tasks?" by no means was his tone twisted with distaste or anger, but there was power to his voice that made you avert your gaze from his, backing into the countertop with the little space he provided between the two of you. "no. i would never." 

when you returned your gaze to his, he slowly let go of your wrist, turning and making his way towards the door. "when you're finished, i would appreciate your company in my office."

KONAN ☆

your role in the akatsuki was usually relaxed, occasionally fixing up one of the members and spending some time testing and developing medicines, but other than that, you were almost never busy. konan was no stranger to this fact. 

so when she had stopped by to visit with you after a long mission, only to find you preoccupied with kisame, deidara and hidan in your office, she was a little peeved. pein had sent the trio and their partners on missions all on the same day, with the same goal, but different targets. it was not unexpected they would return all on the same day, as they were exceptionally skilled, but to see the three of them sitting and waiting for you care meant konan wouldn't be able to speak with you until you were done. 

and judging by the rather large wound you were tended to on kisame's side, she had a feeling it would be a while. regardless, she smiled and called your name when she entered, watching you flash her a brief smile and point to a tool on your desk. "would you hand that to me?" 

for the next hour, she helped you care for the three of them, dismissing them one by one as you finished and sending them off will vials of disinfectant and healing ointment with a list of written instructions to care for their wounds. she began to think you were more cut out to be a real doctor than one for the akatsuki. 

when you finally finished tending to deidara and sent him on his way, konan was relieved to have you all to herself. until you began to pull out some files to record their injuries. "don't you think that could wait? i have been waiting for you all this time after all." she had slipped a teasing tone over her words, but she was serious. she knew she would be waiting some more when you sent her a tight smile.