𝗰𝗼𝗻𝗳𝗿𝗼𝗻𝘁𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻

edited

•  •  •  •

PEIN

when pein came back from his mission a few days later, he surely hadn't expected to see the decorations you put up still lining the walls, filling the space.

even more so, he didn't expect to see new decorum in the kitchen, even in the hallways. suddenly, there were plaques on the members doors, shiny and engraved with their names.

it was a minor annoyance, nothing particularly wrong, just directly disobedient.

with a sigh through his nose he closed his eyes, decided he would deal with it later when he had finished logging the mission details. he had more important things to do regarding action to further their progress.

he had yet to see you since he'd arrived, he assumed that you were hiding away, or decorating something else.

in reality, he wasn't really wrong. you'd been throwing yourself into research about ancient art pieces and their history. of course you didn't plan on filling the base with random pieces of art, but you thought the topic was interesting.

you'd sensed pein's return an hour ago, and in that moment you realized you hadn't taken down everything he'd asked you to.

however he hadn't approached you yet, so you didn't want to take it down if he was going to change his mind. as if he knew what you were thinking, he knocked on your door, announcing himself behind the wood.

"[y/n], this is trivial matter. take everything and get rid of it, i won't tell you again."

"i understand." of course you wouldn't argue with him, he likely would've thrown you out, or even killed you. as far as you knew, he wasn't the most merciful.

"do not make the mistake of thinking you are irreplaceable. do not disobey me again."

KONAN

you had been avoiding konan all week. she had tried to catch you and apologize, but you hadn't given her the chance.

for whatever reason, she'd been in a bad mood that day, and snapped at you. she hadn't meant to take it out on you, but nothing could be done now that it happened.

sitting with kakuzu in the small clinic after a particularly rough mission, stitching up an unconscious hidan, you glanced at kakuzu who was counting his bills for the third time.

"kakuzu?" he hummed low in response.

"do you know anything about medicine?" he paused and glanced at you, returning to counting after a moment.

"not much. before you came along i did most of hidan's stitching. you do better than my hack jobs." a smile twitched at the corner of your lips. he knew what you were getting to, and he had responded without hesitation.

"konan said i was terrible at stitching at that it was my fault your mission failed. because they saw the stitching on hidan's arm and knew it was a weak spot."