« near death »

requested by Kurapika_Kinne and pwrkitten

i know some of you have requested and the chapters haven't been put out yet, but do not stress at all!! every requested chapter has been created and labeled with who requested it, and it WILL be written!

i know it's taking time, but i have everything arranged in a way to make plot easiest!

please bear with me!

• • • •

» pein «

your eyes widened as time seemed to go in slow motion.

your back hit rock so forcefully you felt the blood come from your throat as you coughed violently.

your opponent, someone who had found you wandering the streets seemed to have recognize you from your old village, and attacked.

you couldn’t help the tears that clouded your eyes as you began to think of your life.

memories flashed in front of your eyes, you could hear your heartbeat slowing in your ears, your eyelids becoming increasingly heavy.

every sound from then on was muffled, but before you went unconscious you could faintly make out a figure with orange hair and piercings hurrying you into his arms.

• • •

your eyes fluttered open, causing you to wince at the light that flooded through the window.

you looked around and found yourself in a distantly familiar room.

you blinked as pein entered the room, a tray in his hands. he looked exhausted, his shoulders slumped and his gaze cast downward numbly.

when he raised his head to see you, his eyes widened further than you had ever seen.

he hurried to sit down the tray and rushed to your side, sitting down cautiously, but then pulling you into a tight hug.

“don’t ever do that again. i don’t know what i would do if i lost you.”

» konan «

the gaze of the nin’s eyes followed you as you walled, burning with hatred as you enjoyed your time.

he had been stalking you for weeks at this point, but he always seemed to lose you when you walked through the forest. but this time he was determined to find your hiding place.

he was convinced you were the same person who had killed his brother.

though, he didn’t care to fact check or look through the records of the incident of that night. he would have found that the killer was male, and dead.

you glanced around the area, turning around and disappearing into the base.

his eyes widened, creeping up carefully and entering behind you. he kept his eyes on you the entire time, waiting for his opportunity.