𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗲𝗻𝗱 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗮 𝗯𝗲𝗴𝗶𝗻𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴

part five of five :)

this is not the end of the book lmao do not worry about that for a long while

not all of these will have what happens at the end of pein's but just read all of his first to know what i'm talking about lol

bitches bout to be real ooc

also we passed the two year anniversary of this book just a few days ago (july 3), so thank you to everyone who has supported me as a writer and has read the updates that i take forever om, it means the absolute world to me. ♡

(which also means you have been dating our bbys for about two years now)

• • • •

» pein «

you tried to get to the base as fast as you could, leaving tatsumi in his spot, though you weren't particularly worried about him in the moment.

when you arrived, he was waiting outside, facing the entrance with his head down.

nervousness built up in your stomach and you approached hin slowly, the guilt still eating you from the inside out.

"i would understand if.. you wanted to be with someone else."

swallowing nervously, you stood behind him and took his hand, twisting the akatsuki ring on his finger as your stepped close to him.

"after i left the akatsuki.. i was hurt. i trusted you with my heart, and there were times it felt like you didn't even want it. and then you came to the forest, and held me that day, and i wanted to believe everything would be fine, that things could go back to the way they were before but..."

clenching your eyes shut, you tried to stop the onslaught of tears that began sliding down your face.

"everytime you would kiss me, or hold my hand.. all i could think about was konan. if you had done the same things for her, said the same things, told her you loved her.. and i went back and then tatsumi—"

he turned around, staring at you wordlessly with his lavender eyes, hand still in the both of yours.

"i never told konan i loved her. i did sleep with her, i did take her out, i did kiss her.. but she never could have replaced you. she doesn't make my heart beat as fast, or make me smile like you do. i don't have a reason for cheating on you, but you are the one i want to be with for the rest if my life."

tears continued to flow down your face. his body towered over yours slightly, and he leaned down to press a gentle kiss to your forehead.

"please let me make it up to you. we can have a new life, spend more time together.. we could raise a family if you really wished."

his fingers swiped over the skin on your hand soothing, his voice was sweet and sincere, and his love for you radiated off of his body in waves to you.

"pein.."

"we could leave the akatsuki."

you looked at him with shock, eyes wide and lips parted as he smiled down at you.