𝗷𝗼𝗶𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗮𝗸𝗮𝘁𝘀𝘂𝗸𝗶

•     •     •     •

PEIN

as you opened your eyes, you found yourself in a damp cave, lit dimly with fire. a group of people stood in a circle, all silent. they all wore the same cloak pein wore.

down the hall a sofa was visible, barely decorated walls with a bookshelf on the far wall. it was a living room of sorts.

this was where they lived.

pein faced the group, all of their eyes trained on him in obedient silence. before now, they'd all been sneaking glances at you, probably wondering who you were.

"this is [y/n]. she is now a part of the akatsuki. she will be assigned to your missions via my orders. tobi, you two will leave tomorrow."

a man with an orange swirled mask squealed and jumped in excitement, flailing his arms. something about his energy was unsettling, but you said nothing.

"yay! tobi gets to work with [y/n]-chan!"

smiling politely, you bowed your head. pein raised his hand, silencing tobi and causing you to straighten out.

"introduce yourselves."

each member introduced themself by name only down the line, and you found you and konan were the only women present. as far as you knew, there was no particular reason for it.

"you will refer to me as leader or pein-sama and no less. you will carry out missions without question and if you fail you will be punished."

you nodded your head, bowing to pein in response.

"yes, pein-sama. i won't disappoint you."

KONAN

konan let you lead her to your home, where you insisted she shower and let you dress her wounds. even though she refused at first, she was greatful she didn't have to use a shower in a dark cave.

when she finished, you had just finished washing her clothes and put them on a line to dry. luckily, you had a few clothes to lend her. she was quiet as she sat at your kitchen table, in a pair of shorts and a fishnet shirt.

holding her breath, you brushed a rag dipped in antiseptic over a bigger wound on her side. taking notice of her pain, you smiled sympathetically.

it took only a few minutes for you to finish dressing her wounds, wrapping her stomach and bandaging her arms. even though it might be selfish, she couldn't help but think you'd be a great asset to the akatsuki.

having a trained medic on call would be useful, and she couldn't pretend she didn't enjoy your company.

"thank you [y/n]. you kindness is appreciated." shaking your head as you tucked away your supplies, you smiled.

"don't thank me. you stood up for me and always look after the children. plus, i figure if i wait too long i'll lose my touch with medicine." you winked, causing her lips to tug into a small smile.