𝗲𝗺𝗯𝗮𝗿𝗿𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗲𝗱

•    •    •    •

PEIN

pein was quiet beside you as the two of you roamed the nearly deserted streets of a very small village. it was a settlement just branched off from a bigger, more established village, but you figured the two of you would have a better chance going unnoticed at this location than the other. 

a small child ran across the path in front of the two of you, a ways away, laughing and tossing some sort of toy in the air. the gleeful laughter brought a smile to your face. 

as the two of you neared, dressed in neutral cloaks and hats to cover your face, the child seemed to notice, looking up with wide eyes. for a moment, you thought he would run away in terror, guessing the two of you looked pretty intimidating in your attire. 

instead a grin spread across his face, his eyes closing cheerfully as he raised his arm high and waved. for a moment neither of you reacted, but when he peeked his eyes open, he waved even harder. 

figuring you could throw the puppy a bone, you raised your hand lowly and gave a small wave back, lowering it right after. when his actions didn't change, still waving wilding, you took a glance behind you to find another young boy accompanied by his mother, smiling brightly and waving back to the boy in front of you. 

you didn't let a physical reaction to the embarrassment show, thinking no one had seen it, but pein gave you an amused glance out of the corner of his eye. 

well, so much for saving yourself from the embarrassment. 

 KONAN 

the quiet music played on the small radio set on the table beside your bed, just next to the oil lamp you kept there. it was your favorite station to date, being that there weren't many to listen to in the first place. 

this particular station played more upbeat music, a newly rising genre that you had found yourself enjoying quite a lot when you had the time to spend in your room rather than in the medical office. humming along to the music, you began going through your closet and thought that it had been a while since you had gone through your things. maybe it was time for a fresh wardrobe.

first, however, you would have to try on everything and see if you would end up keeping it or getting rid of it. you had gone through nearly half the clothes in your closet when you had gained a feeling of confidence, posing and making faces at yourself in the mirror. 

it may have been a little silly, but it felt great to look at yourself again and regain some of the personality you inhibited through your clothes. 

just as you had pulled on a ridiculous shirt and an awfully short skirt you owned, a knock sounded on the door, and konan poked her head in just a moment after. she seemed to be slightly stunned to find you prancing around in such a unique outfit, pushing the grin rising to her face down as she stepped further into the room. 

"konan!" you had already froze in embarrassment, ready to hide away from the rest of the world when she shut the door behind her, sitting on your bed and giving you a smile. 

"keep going, it's fun. give me a show."

 ITACHI