𝗺𝗲𝗲𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗮𝗴𝗮𝗶𝗻

•    •    •    •

PEIN

yet again travelling, you ended up running into a blonde kid, a young teenager, no older than sixteen.

his blonde haired spiked up in many directions and with sky blue eyes. he had bumped into you in the streets, yelling at a white haired sage who eyed you up and down.

this was quite an amusing turn, and you gestured for them to follow you, leading them to a small noodle shop in the heart of the town. his eyes practically shined with stars at the first taste.

he swore up and down he would become the next hokage, leader of the hidden leaf village. you bought him dinner, and promised to train him some new justus in the near future.

the young boy was named naruto, and you soon realized he was the nine-tailed jinchuriki. your encounter was soon reported to the mysterious man from the tower, and he sought you out.

long after your goodbyes with the pair, you walked to the inn you were staying in for the night, a gust of wind stopping you

the man from before stood next to a short haired woman, both of them covered in long black cloaks spotted with red clouds. a reflection of the low lanterns on the street caught on the rings they wore.

"is there a reason you've stopped me?"

stray scraps of paper swirled around your feet, accompanying the grim silence as they continued to stare you down.

the man spoke, voice deep and rumbling.

"i am pein. you will join the akatsuki for the sake of assisting in eradicating the jinchuriki. refuse and we will take your life."

narrowing your eyes, you took another moment to assess the duo in front of you. you'd heard rumors about the akatsuki, knew they were a criminal organization with a lot of secrets surrounding them.

but it's not like you had anything better to do, already an outcast and fugitive. and the jinchuriki were mostly still alive, from what you knew.

"alright."

the woman waved her hand and the paper began to encase your body.

"welcome to the akatuski, [y/n]."

KONAN

every day you visited the children at the orphanage, you would see the purple haired woman watching you and the kids with kind eyes.

she was hidden away in the shadows of the trees, but the children never noticed. never did she speak to any of the children, or let herself be seen.

you weren't sure why she was watching them, or you. eventually it had become a routine, and she would be in the same hidden spot every time you went to deliver your baskets. one day, however, she didn't show up.

unluckily, the headmistress seemed to be in a particularly sour mood, a scowl encompassing her face as she watched the children play.